System Access Forms

FIS Authorization - Minerva Finance (Fund) Administration Menu, Banner Finance Module, Query access to Funds/Org
Requests access to the Financial Information System on Banner INB or Minerva. Fund Holders may use this form to authorize query access  to their funds - grant others access to view transaction details and balances, including salary details. This form may also be used to request Banner access to process financial transactions. Before requesting FIS authorization, users are required to take training.

See our Access to the Finance tab in Minerva and the Finance Module in Banner page for more information on the pre-requisites and registering for courses.

Online Form

FIS Data Warehouse request
Requests access to run the web and crystal reports found in the Reporting section of our website. The data warehouse can only be used for querying (not updating) and is only available to those with Banner userids and authorization to use one or more of the Banner systems. The warehouse is updated daily from the Banner database.

Online form - ICS site

JE16 Authorization
Provides a FIS user with access to process inter-fund journals (JE16 authority). Inter-fund journals are used for expense or fund transfers between different fund codes. Before requesting JE16 authorization, users are required to take training.

Read our Knowledge Base article for more information on the pre-requisites and registering for courses.

PDF icon Form - JE16 authorization [.pdf]
Reviewer Authorization for Expense Reimbursements
Allows a user (other than the requestor or the responsible McGill employee) to review assigned Expense Reports and to complete them by adding FOAPAL information. A tool developed by Financial Services in an effort to facilitate the internal procedures within individual Units. Financial Services will not enforce its use; rather, it is up to each Unit to decide whether to adopt this option and, if so, communicate the procedural requirement to its users.
PDF icon Form - Reviewer authorization [.pdf]
Access to Banfeed
Used to request a financial transaction feed to Banner Finance General Ledger (the University’s accounting ledger) and/or to Banner Finance Sub Ledgers:  Student Accounts Receivable, Finance Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. A separate request must be completed for each type of feed.
Microsoft Office document icon Form - Access to Banfeed [.doc]
Banner AR (Accounts Receivable) Authorization
Requests access to the Accounts Receivable module in Banner.
PDF icon Form - Banner AR authorization [.pdf]

Travel Related Forms

American Express (AMEX) Corporate Card Application Form
University selected charge card assigned to authorized individuals who are likely to incur travel or other related expenses in the course of carrying out University business.
For full details on policy and procedures, consult the American Express (AMEX) Corporate Card Policy.
PDF icon Form - AMEX application [.pdf]
Minerva menu option “Delegate Temporary Signing Authority” - see our Knowledge Base article for more information. To name a delegate in an acting capacity as Unit Head, use the Naming a Delegate in an Acting Capacity as Unit Head during Temporary Absences form in the Other Forms section below.
Uniglobe/Vision 2000/House of Travel Authorization Available on the Travel Services (Procurement Services) website
Visitor Claimant Signature form
Used to obtain the claimant signature of visitors to McGill University who have departed prior to their request for reimbursement being processed via the Advances and Expense Reports menu in Minerva. This form may not be used to obtain a claimant signature of a McGill employee or McGill student. Along with the original receipts, this form must be signed and attached to the official printed Expense Report.

PDF icon Form - Visitor Claimant Signature [.pdf]

PDF icon Formulaire de demande de remboursement pour les visiteurs [.pdf]

Request for new Fund Online Form (including donations)
Request a new Activity code Online Form
Request a new Location/MMP Shipping Address Online Form

Letter of Guarantee
Used for a Unit to authorize a temporary over-expenditure. The form must be signed by the Unit Head and must specify the following information:

  • A funding source to be used as collateral;
  • The amount of the guarantee, normally not exceeding 20% of the expected grant renewal;
  • A time limit not exceeding 60 days following the anticipated renewal date, or receipts date of award notification.
PDF icon Letter of Guarantee - Research Funds [pdf]
PDF icon Letter of Gurantee - Other Funds (non research) [.pdf]

PCard forms

PCard (Procurement Card) Application
University selected credit card assigned to authorize Cardholders in order to allow purchasing of goods and services. Limited to "Business Use Only" and may not be used for items of a personal nature, for travel and entertainment related expenses, and certain prohibited card transactions. Policy is available on the Procurement Services website |Procedures are available on the Financial Services Knowledge Base

PDF icon PCard Application Form [.pdf]

PCard Log
A suggested tool - Used to record transactions. This log should be kept in the same place where receipts are stored. (Receipts should be stored in a Documentation Envelope unless an alternative process has been established.)
PDF icon PCard Log [.pdf]
PCard Cancellation Form
The cancellation of PCards may be initiated by the Department or the Carholder by submitting this form to the PCard Administration Group. Policy is available on the Procurement Services website |Procedures are available on the Financial Services Knowledge Base
PDF icon PCard Cancellation Form [.pdf]

Other forms

Merchant Questionnaire Available on the For Finance Users webpage
Naming a Delegate in an Acting Capacity as Unit Head during Temporary Absences
Used for Vice-Principals, Deans, Directors, or Chairs to name delegates in an acting capacity as Unit Head during temporary absences (e.g. business travel, vacation, etc.). More information about delegation may be found on our Delegation of Signing Authority and Approvals page.
PDF icon Form - Naming a Delegate in an Acting Capacity as Unit Head during Temporary Absences [.pdf]
Payment Request Form
Used to request special payments that cannot be processed via payroll, personal reimbursement (Expense Reports), Procurement Card or Purchase Requisition. Examples include refunds and hospital payments. See Payment Request Policy and Guidelines for details.
PDF icon Form - Payment Request [.pdf]
Purchase Order (P0) Liquidation Request Form Online Form
Request for AR client Online Form
Request for Invoice Online Form
Wire Transfer Request
Used to process invoice payments by wire transfer for purchase orders (P0) or payment requests and to process accountable advances and expense reimbursements by wire transfer. For P0s and payment requests, the original invoice along with this form must be submitted to Accounts Payable. For advances and expense reports, the original request along with this form must be submitted to Travel Services.
PDF icon Form - Wire Transfer Request (AP) [.pdf]

Finance Help Desk FEEDBACK Form (Online Form)