Applicable Conditions and Procedure
Under the contract terms, Direct Travel (formerly ‘Vision Travel’) is committed to ensure that the University benefits from the lowest available airfare at the time when Direct Travel provides a quote to the McGill traveler (herein called the ‘Traveler’).
The decision related to the choice of airline, routing or flight schedule rests with the Traveler; the objective of the Best Available Airfare clause is to ensure that the Traveler is offered and aware of the lowest available market price.
Considering the volatile nature of airfares and time sensitivity, some conditions apply. Below are the applicable conditions and procedure.
Conditions and Procedure
Valid only for airfares including all applicable taxes and fees
The Traveler obtains a quote from a mcgill [at] dt.ca (Direct travel) consultant or through Concur
Before the air ticket is issued, the Traveler finds a competitive quote lower than Direct Travel’s quote → the competitive quote must meet all of the following conditions-:
- come from a Quebec Licensed Travel Company (from a full service travel company - either online or through a travel consultant) Check which websites are licensed
- have the exact same airline, routing, dates, flights and fare type, inclusive of all fees and taxes
- in writing, print screen or other equivalent with a clearly visible date and time (if a web booking, the screen shot must be at “Ready to Purchase” stage)
- must have been obtained within a two (2) hour period either before or after receipt of Direct Travel’s quote within their normal business hours from Monday to Friday 08:30-17:30 (excluding legal holidays)
If all the above conditions are met, then the Traveler sends an email request to mcgill [at] dt.ca (subject: Request%20to%20invoke%20the%20Best%20Airfare%20Guarantee) (Direct Travel) within the time frame mentioned in 4. above. The request must include:
- In the Subject field: Request to invoke the Best Airfare Guarantee
- In the email or as attachments: the Direct Travel quote and the competitive quote that meets all conditions as outlined in point #2 above
Upon receipt and verification of the competitive quote, Direct Travel will match the competitive quote obtained through the same booking channel i.e. comparing Concur to an online booking site of a full service company and Direct travel consultant to another travel consultant.
Sample online Price Match: Montreal to San Diego return trip on Delta Airlines via Detroit
Concur (Direct Travel's online booking tool) quotes airfare of $875.00 including taxes + services fee ($14.00) = Total $889.00
Delta Airlines quotes airfare of $868.00 including taxes (no service fee) = Total $868.00
Direct Travel will match the price of $868.00 including taxes + service fee ($14.00) = Total $882.00
Note: When reducing airfares by purchasing two one ways, keep in mind that there will be two cancellation fees/penalties