McGill Emergency Travel Health Insurance - for McGillians covered by McGill Supplemental Health Plan
- The McGill Emergency Travel Assistance Plan provides emergency medical coverage for all McGillians covered under the McGill Supplemental Health Plan when travelling outside of Quebec on University-related activities (including sabbatical leave)
- To obtain coverage, your provincial government health insurance (RAMQ) must be valid
- Emergency Medical Expenses Related to War and Terrorism
In addition to the regular emergency travel assistance benefit, staff members travelling on university business are also covered for emergency medical expenses incurred as a direct result of war, insurrection and terrorism.
This coverage is provided by the AIG Insurance Company of Canada (1-800-361-7211)
This coverage is in addition to and supplements Manulife's regular Emergency Travel Assistance benefit.
What to do in case of a medical emergency while traveling?
- Contact Allianz Global Assistance (Manulife's emergency travel assistance provider) as soon as possible.
- If you are not covered by the McGill Supplemental Health Plan, contact your insurance provider directly
- Contact McGill. You are encouraged to use the normal communication channels for your Faculty or Unit for any emergencies.
- McGill Security Services is also reachable 24/7. Collect calls accepted. +1-514-398-3000