First Five Year Strategic Plan (2013-2018)
Procurement Services established a Core Team of diverse McGill community stakeholders to help develop its first Sustainable Procurement Strategic Plan. This Core Team identified the following priorities:
- Raise awareness and provide training to those who purchase on behalf of the University or influencing such purchases.
- Provide tools and methods to facilitate more sustainable purchasing decision-making.
- Demonstrate leadership and share best practices with other institutions.
- Maintain a triple bottom line perspective (social, economic and environmental considerations), to guide all purchasing-related decision-making.
- Improve logistics.
Our detailed Strategic Plan has led to multiple, award-winning projects, most of which are still on-going because of their comprehensiveness and long-term scope. See the On-going Projects, for more details.
Vision developed by the Sustainable Procurement Core Team
Procurement Services promotes and leads the way in establishing a culture of sustainable procurement practices at McGill and in its wider community.
The Core Team members are:
- Dr. Caroline Begg, Faculty Lecturer, Department of Plant Science
- Mr. Christian Bouchard, Manager, Hazardous Waste Management
- Mrs. Suzanne Boyd, Supervisor, Systems and Customer Support
- Mr. Jérôme Conraud, Energy Manager, University Services
- Mrs. Stéphanie H. Leclerc, Sustainable Procurement Program Manager, Procurement Services
- Dr. Marianna Newkirk, Associate Dean (Research), Department of Medicine
- Mrs. Kathleen Ng, Environmental Officer, Office of Sustainability
- Mr. Ryan Ortiz, Director, IT Customer Services
- Mrs. Jo-Ann Sciampacone, Parking Coordinator, Ancillary Services
- Mrs. Kathy Zendehbad, Associate Director, Strategic Business Platform, Procurement Services