What is the McGill MarketPlace (MMP)?
The McGill MarketPlace is a virtual shopping mall providing 3,700 faculty and staff members a comprehensive tool for making their day-to-day purchases. MMP is part of an initiative to streamline the procurement process at the University.
Benefits of MMP
- Shop from multiple online catalogs from contracted and preferred suppliers benefiting from lower negotiated pricing
- Shop using the popular "shopping cart" model
- Search for products by keyword, part number and supplier
- Use key features such as Favorites, Copy to New Cart and Order History and Details
- Built-in email notification system
- Elimination of back-up retention practices
Before you get started
Anyone with a valid McGill ID can access MMP as a "Shopper". However, in order to complete and submit an order with a FOAPAL, a user must be sponsored by a McGill Fund Holder who is responsible for setting up local approvals and/or delegates. For further information on how this can be done, please refer to the following links:
All sponsored users will be assigned a default profile containing details such as email, phone and shipping information. Users may choose to change this information and add multiple "ship to" addresses and FOAPAL favorites. For further information, please click here.
There are three easy ways to access MMP:
Supplier’s Participation in MMP
MMP gives you access to online catalogs from two classes of suppliers:
Hosted Suppliers: Catalogues stored within MMP itself
- Searching through a hosted supplier's offerings is easy and user friendly.
- You can compare products between different hosted suppliers from the search results.
Punchout Suppliers: : Catalogs are not stored within MMP but a complete on-line catalog can be accessed from MMP
- When you click on a Punchout supplier’s name, you are instantly redirected to its online ordering web site, where you can browse for products.
- You do not have to remember a different user ID and password.
- Any products you choose to purchase are brought back into MMP, where you place the order, just as you would for hosted suppliers.
New Suppliers to the McGill MarketPlace
Procurement Services, with the view to continually streamline the buying needs of faculty and staff members, will continue to recruit suppliers. Do not hesitate to let us know of a product and/or of a supplier that you would like to see on MMP.