Request for missing a Mid-Term Exam
*Note: The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is taking steps to assist students who need to miss a midterm examination due to medical or analogous reasons in order to limit the need to approach multiple professors for accommodations. The following form is ONLY for Microbiology & Immunology courses. For other courses, please contact the appropriate department.
Students must complete the Missed Midterm Exam Form at https://www.mcgill.ca/microimm/undergraduate-programs/request-missing-mid-term-exam within 1 week of the scheduled midterm, or else they will receive a grade of zero for the midterm. We will evaluate any non-medical situations and reserve the right to make final decisions regarding what accommodations are reasonable and appropriate in the circumstances. Please consult the Student Wellness Hub for sources of support (https://www.mcgill.ca/wellness-hub/)
The following reasons are generally accepted, provided proper documentation:
- Religious conflict
- Death in the family
- Serious illness/accident in the family
- Intercollegiate event
- Job interview
- Faculty-sponsored events held outside of Montreal
The following reasons are generally not accepted:
- Travel not related to above issues, such as family birthdays, reunions, vacations.
- Two exams on the same day.
- Misreading of the course outline.
- Having many other exams / assignments in the same week.
- Obligations to student clubs or sports teams other than intercollegiate events discussed above.
- Employment obligations.