How can you verify if we have received your documents?

Québec/Canadian/International fees

It usually takes us 10 to 15 working days to receive and record your documents.

  • Check your tuition status on the Minerva:
    Student Menu->Student Accounts Menu->View your Tuition and Legal Status.
  • Check the phrase: Fees currently calculated according to rules for: . This will tell you if your tuition fees are assessed as that for an International Student, Canadian Student, or Québec Student.
  • Paper fee statements are no longer mailed via Canada Post. For more information concerning e-billing, please see the Student Accounts web site.

If you do not agree with the assessment of your fee residency status (e.g. international, Canadian, or Quebec), notify us as soon as possible. We cannot accept changes or offer you a lower tuition rate after the last day of classes at the end of term, as the Quebec Government does not allow us to amend our files at that point.

Permanent Code

  • The University will use the information you provide on the Permanent Code Data form to request a Quebec Permanent Code from the Ministry of Education for you. If you already have one, it will be verified with the Ministry.
  • Your Quebec Permanent Code will be verified/issued within the first six to eight weeks of your first registered semester at McGill. Once it is available, you can view it on the Minerva ‘View Tuition and Immigration Status’  page or at the top of your unofficial transcript. 
    Unless we request additional documentation from you, you do not need to take any further action.
  • The Permanent Code Data form requires your signature. Once you have completed and signed the form, you may send it electronically to legaldocumentation [at], according to the instructions listed at

Check your permanent code on Minerva:

Personal Menu ->Name Change Form or alternately on the student accounts menu: Student Menu->Student Accounts Menu->View your Tuition and Legal Status.

If the permanent code number appears there, your documents are in order. If not, you have not yet provided us with your documents listed above or we have not yet received confirmation from the Ministry that your documents are sufficient for creation of a permanent code.

Back to top