What is degree evaluation?
- An online tool in Minerva to help you compare the student’s academic record against the program requirements.
- It provides a central record of approved adjustments to a student’s program of study.
- Is available to academic and administrative staff – not available to graduate students
When would you use degree evaluation?
- Advising students about program requirements.
- Conducting pre-graduation reviews of student records.
- Viewing student adjustments.
How to access Degree Evaluation
- Log in to Minerva website.
- Log in with your McGill ID and PIN.
- Select "Student Records Menu."
- Select “Graduation Menu.”
- Select "Degree Evaluation."
- Type in “Student ID.”
- Click on Radio Button (the program) term will automatically populate.
- Click on "Generate Request."
- Select Detail Requirements (you can also select general but we recommend the detail requirements).
General view: Displays an overview of the program requirements including completed courses and courses in progress to fulfill each major, minor, or other program area; and any unused courses.
Detailed view: Provides additional detail of the program requirements including required and complementary courses. It also includes completed courses and courses in progress to fulfill each specific requirement; and any unused courses.
Please follow this link for additional information on how to read the report.
If you would like to compile a degree audit report for numerous students within a specific cohort, you can use the batch report feature.