“The Endeavour Leadership Program – an Australian Government initiative”
The ELP is the Australian Government’s two-way mobility program for short and long-term study, research and professional development with Australia’s priority partner countries.
Endeavour Leaders will have the opportunity to build enduring international networks, strengthen education and research engagement between Australia and priority countries, and enhance Australia’s commercial success and economic prosperity.
To participate in the ELP, individual applicants must:
- not be undertaking their Leadership Activity in a country where they hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency
- Australian Individual Endeavour Leaders must not undertake their Leadership Activity in a country where they hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency
- International Individual Endeavour Leaders must undertake their activity in Australia and not hold citizenship/dual citizenship or be a permanent resident of Australia.
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their Leadership Activity
- not be in receipt of any other Australian Government sponsored mobility, scholarship or fellowship benefits
- for Postgraduate or VET Leadership Activities, be undertaking an award course under the Australian Qualifications Framework at an Australian (Home or Host) organisation. The Page 11 of 31 organisation must be either an approved Higher Education Provider (HEP) or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – these Endeavour Leaders may not undertake their study at an Australian university campus or Australian organisation offshore.
Value and Duration
Up to $24,500 (4-6 months)
The entitlements for each recipient will be dependent on activity level and duration, as set out below. All successful Individual Endeavour Leaders will receive: AU$3,000 per month as a stipend (maximum amount of AU$36,000 per calendar year paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis).Successful Individual Endeavour Leaders are also eligible for:
- travel allowance of up to AU$3,000 (with provision to pay up to AU$4,500 under special
- establishment allowance of between AU$2,000 and AU$4,000 (dependent on program duration)
- health insurance for the full category duration (Overseas Student Health Cover [OSHC] for international Recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during Program for international Recipients)
Individual Endeavour Leaders may commence their Proposed Leadership Activity after 1 February 2019 and no later than 31 December 2019, subject to approval by the Minister or his delegate and noting that the announcement of successful and unsuccessful recipients is scheduled for February 2019.
How to Apply
Before applying, you must read and understand the Program Guidelines, the application form, the FAQs, the relevant Applicant Guide and the draft Award Agreement/Leadership Activity Schedule. These documents may be found at GrantConnect at https://www.grants.gov.au.To apply you must:
- complete the online application form through EOL by the closing date.
- provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments.
You should be aware that supporting documentation for applications will be required to support eligibility and/or the merits of your application. If you require further assistance with the application process or submitting your application online, contact the Support Services Organisation at ELP.enquiries [at] scopeglobal.com.
For Individual Endeavour Leaders, both Australian and International Applicants, the following documents may be included with your application:
- Passport or Birth Certificate
- Academic transcript
- Formal admission to an Australian institution for 2019
- Enrolment letter (research towards Masters or PhD only)
- PhD conferment (postdoctoral research only)
- TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, PTE or Transcript
- Employment record/cv/resume
- Referee reports x 2
- Host Nomination
Please note, not all of these documents will be required for all applications.
You must attach supporting documentation to the application form in line with the instructions provided within the form. You should only attach requested documents. Information in attachments that were not requested will not considered.
If you are an Individual Endeavour Leader, you should let the Support Services Organisation know if anything is likely to affect your Leadership Activities or organisation, via ELP.enquiries [at] scopeglobal.com. If you are a Recipient Institution, you should let the department know if anything is likely to affect your Leadership Activities or organisation.
If you are an Individual Endeavour Leader, you will be required to provide regular reports of progress to the Support Services Organisation. You will be briefed on this process prior to your departure.
For more information, please consult International Education of the Australian Government website. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Experience and Mobility team, via ELP.enquiries [at] scopeglobal.com. Questions should be sent no later than 8 November 2018.