Based on reciprocal agreements between the Government of Mexico and the Government of Canada, the Government of Mexico is offering scholarships to Canadian students and Postdocs wishing to pursue studies or research at participating Mexican institutions.
Value & Duration
As of Fall 2018, new scholarship recipients will receive the following funding:
- Round trip airfare
- Domestic transportation
- Tuition and registration fees at host institution
- Tuition and accommodation fees for a language course
- Monthly living allowance
- Health insurance
- Cost of temporary resident/student visa (for stays longer than 180 days)
Amount and duration vary based on level of study.
- Deadline to apply - October 27
- Applicants notified of their applications status - January
- Begin studies or research abroad - March 01 - December 05
In order to be eligible for the Foreign Government Awards - Mexico, candidates must:
- Be Canadian citizens. Canadian citizens with Mexican nationality or with a permanent residence in Mexico are not eligible;
- Have completed the prerequisite degrees for the proposed program of study at at the time of submitting an application, and obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 80/100 for the last degree received; and
- Be accepted in a program of the participating post-secondary Mexican institutions.
The eligible candidates can submit their application online.
For more information and to apply, visit the Foreign Government Awards Program - Mexico website.