In partnership with McGill University, the National Agency for Research and Development of Chile (ANID) offers scholarships to citizens of Chile to pursue their Master’s thesis or PhD studies. The agreement aims to encourage the formation of knowledge and skills to enable students to realize their potential as highly educated members of society.
Value & Duration
ANID will provide funding to cover the cost of the following:
- Monthly allowance renewable annually
- McGill tuition fees at the Quebec rate
- Other benefits as determined by ANID and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Chile
McGill in turn, will cover the tuition differential between the International and the Quebec Resident rate, as set each year by the Quebec Ministry of Education and Higher Education. In addition, a top up award/stipend of $5,000 per year for the duration of the ANID funding.
Funding is provided for a maximum period of two (2) years for Master’s thesis students, and for up to four (4) years for PhD students.
- Must be a citizen of Chile
- Meet the selection criteria set out by ANID
- Must apply and receive an Offer of Admission from McGill for a PhD or Master’s Thesis program
How to Apply
Application information and documents are available on the ANID website