On July 30th, 2019, McGill proudly signed an agreement with the Organization of American States (OAS) to co-sponsor students enrolled in a Master's Thesis Program or PhD at McGill University. The agreement aims at selecting and supporting outstanding students in the Americas to study at Canada's leading research-intensive University, through the OAS Academic Scholarship Program.
Value & Duration
OAS will provide annual funding of 10,000 USD per student per year to cover the following:
- McGill tuition at the Quebec Resident rate per year
- Program/ancillary fees per year
- Health and life insurance per year
- A stipend of USD 6,123 per year to cover living expenses
McGill, in turn, will cover the amount of the tuition differential between the International and the Quebec Resident rate (International supplement), and an annual top-award of 5,000 CAD for the duration of the OAS-McGill scholarship.
Funding is provided for a maximum period of two (2) years for Master’s students, and the first two (2) years for PhD students.
|Competition Announcement||January 2020|
|Start of Application Period||April 2020|
|End of Application Period||Check application deadlines with your ONE|
|Results Announcement||July 2020|
- Apply and satisfy the selection criteria set out by their home country's National Liaison Office ("ONE")
- Satisfy the selection criteria set out by OAS, as stated in their annual call for applications (visit their website for more information)
- Meet all of McGill's requirements for admission to Master's (thesis) or PhD program (including academic performance and English requirements)
- Receive an offer of admission from a McGill graduate research program falling under the eligible areas of knowledge
Scholarship candidates must apply separately to the ONE, OAS, and McGill University. Click here for more information on the application process.