On June 27th, 2016, McGill signed an agreement with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT) to co-sponsor Mexican students enrolled in a Master's Thesis Program or PhD at McGill. The agreement aims at attracting top Mexican students to pursue graduate studies at Canada’s leading research-intensive university.
Value & Duration
CONACyT will provide annual funding for the following:
- McGill tuition at the Quebec Resident rate
- Program/ancillary fees
- Health insurance
- Annual living expenses (paid directly to the student each month)
McGill, in turn, will cover the tuition differential between the International and the Quebec Resident rate (International supplements).
Funding is provided for a maximum period of two (2) years for Master’s students, and for up to four (4) years for PhD students.
|CONACYT-CCINSHAE||PhD||Health Sciences (see call for specific list)||15 July 2022||19 August 2022|
|CONACYT-FUNED||Master's Thesis||Engineering, Social Sciences, Economics and Management as they relate to the Health Sector (see call for specific list)||17 June 2022||19 August 2022|
|CONACYT PhD Call||PhD||Physics, Maths, Earth Sciences, Biology, CHemistry, Nursing, Health Sciences Research, Dentistry, Humanities and Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Biotechnology, Engineering, Technology (full list in Spanish)||12 August 2022||30 Sept 2022|
|CONACYT-SACPC-FINBA||Master's Thesis and PhD||Arts: Architecture, visual arts, dance, design, literature, audiovisual media, music, theatre, cultural patrimony and heritage, theatre/music technology, environmental science related to Fine Arts, cultural studies, cultural and creative economics, administration related to culture)||2 September 2022||7 Oct 2022|
Please note that only thesis Master's programs are eligible for the McGill-CONACyT agreement.
McGill eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Mexico
- Must be registered in a Thesis Master's or PhD program at McGill, or have applied and received an Offer of Admission from McGill. Click here for more information on how to apply to McGill.
CONACyT eligibility criteria:
- See CONACYT's website.
- Please note that not all thesis Master's programs are fundable by CONACyT, and it is the applicant's responsibility to check eligibility requirements from both CONACyT and McGill.
Candidates must apply directly to CONACYT.
CONACyT recipients are required to apply to the External DFWs offered by the Government of Quebec, via AMEXCID.