All the units listed below report to the Associate Vice-Principal, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
For contact information, visit this page.
FMAS Operations is comprised of:
- Buildings and Grounds
- Buildings and Grounds provides cleaning and custodial services, landscaping services, grounds, turf and vehicle maintenance and maintenance of outdoor furniture. Through its Events Support team, the unit supports major events. The Buildings and Grounds unit also includes Mail Services and Printing Services.
- Building Operations
- Building Operations is responsible for the maintenance of facilities and buildings on the downtown campus and the maintenance and operation of building systems (HVAC, electrical, etc.). We provide plumbing, electricity, carpentry, and painting services, among many others.
- Macdonald Campus Operations
- The Macdonald Campus Operations team is responsible for the maintenance and building operations across the campus, including grounds maintenance, cleaning, plumbing, electricity, carpentry, and painting.
- Utilities and Energy Management
- Utilities and Energy Management manages the operation of the University’s chilled water plants, central steam plants, main electrical network, city water main network and used water main network. We also service as liaison with the City of Montreal and all utilities providers.
Design Services establishes design and construction standards, prepares plans and technical specifications for small construction/renovation projects and oversees the work of external design consultants hired for the larger construction/renovation projects.
Project Management leads and directs the construction/renovation projects carried out on McGill property or other McGill facilities, including consultant and contractor tendering, selection, and contract award.
Campus Public Safety’s mission is to promote a safe and secure environment for the McGill community through education, prevention and response.
The unit is comprised of:
LE JAMES Bookstore offers textbooks (new and used), custom courseware, reference and general books, stationery and McGill-branded clothing and accessories. Visit us at our newly-renovated facility on the downtown campus, at 680 Sherbrooke St. West. or shop online from home 24/7.