The Macdonald Campus Operations team is responsible for the maintenance and building operations across the campus, including grounds maintenance, cleaning, plumbing, electricity, carpentry, and painting.
We also develop and implement programs and schedules for preventive maintenance, equipment replacement, and energy conservation.
More info on what we do
Maintenance, repairs and modifications of building systems
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- Automation systems and energy savings system schedules
- Electrical distribution systems
- Emergency generator systems
- Lighting systems
- Domestic water distribution
- Specialty distribution systems, such as gas and vacuum
- Vertical transportation systems - elevators, escalators, mechanical lifts
- Building exteriors (incl. roofs, facades)
- Building interiors (incl. offices, hallways, washrooms)
- Locks and locking systems (in collaboration with Security Services)
Our responsibilities include performing testing and verification procedures to ensure optimum operation of the installations (plumbing, electrical, vertical transportation) and developing and implementing regular, preventive and emergency equipment maintenance programs.
- Cleaning of washrooms, classrooms and all other areas of the University's buildings.
- Changing all types of lights, tubes, bulbs etc. (to a maximum height of 10').
- Auxiliary functions
- Regular and daily maintenance includes:
- Washroom cleaning: sinks / toilets / urinals, toilet paper, hand soap / towels
- Waste and recycling
- Dusting / dust mop
- Washing floors (damp mopping, dry scouring, wet scouring, spray buffing, and the like)
- Replacement of individual light bulbs
- Cleaning classrooms, offices, hallways and other areas
- Salting and snow removal at entrances
- Poster removal
- Cleaning eating areas (cafeterias, lounges)
- Minimal security and monitoring in buildings
- Pest control
Maintenance of grounds
- Maintenance of all exterior spaces on the downtown campus: green spaces, sidewalks and road, parking areas
- Snow removal (sidewalks, pathways, terraces, emergency exits, exterior parking lots and roofs)
- Horticultural and landscaping services
- Vehicle maintenance