Google Code for Remarketing Tag - Bloom
Welcome to SCSConnect
It's no secret that networking matters. The McGill SCS Mentorship Program has been designed to leverage the power of networking to help students and mentors alike accelerate their professional and personal development by connecting with professionals with similar and contrasting experiences and interests.
Having a diverse network:
- Accelerates careers and helps you find new opportunities
- Allows you to tap into the experience of peers and professionals to exchange ideas and improve your industry knowledge
- Amps up your networking and enables you to contribute to the #McgillSCSFamily
Connecting alumni and industry partners with students and recent grads for career powered conversations.
Take an hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from McGill SCS, create an opportunity to learn, share and answer questions.
Are you a student?
On behalf of McGill SCS, we at Career Advising and Transition Services (CATS) invite YOU to start building your #McgillSCSFamily network!
Join SCSConnect to:
- Gain insight, advice and career tips from peers and industry leaders
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of McGill SCS alumni based on their industry and interests
As a McGill SCS student, you have access to alumni and industry partners with valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build your network is now. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, communication skills, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
SCSConnect is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, SCSConnect introduces you to alumni and other students based on your specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
How does SCSConnect work?
- You’ll receive monthly introductions to fellow students or alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat online from the comfort of your home, and start sharing insights and perspectives
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox so you don’t have to use any other platforms !
How do I join?
Are you an alumnus/alumna, or recent grad?
You’re invited to re-connect and engage with the #McGillSCSFamily
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and recent alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other McGill SCS alumni and corporate partners based on your industry and interests
As a McGill SCS graduate, you have valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, it is key for students to receive support and advice from those in industry. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, communication skills, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Everyone can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, SCSConnect is an exclusive networking and mentoring platform that introduces you to alumni and students based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
How does SCSConnect work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox so you don’t need to use another tool!
How do I join?
McGill SCS Connect & 10K Coffees Contest
Career Advising and Transition Services (CATS) & Ten Thousand Coffees join the National Career Development Month celebration by giving away two $50 gift cards from Amazon and Tim Hortons. To enter the contest, you have to join the exclusive mentorship & networking hub McGill SCS Connect. The winner will be selected among those who join the hub between July 5 and July 26.
Terms & Conditions
The McGill University –School of Continuing Studies & Ten Thousand Coffees Social Media Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and operated by McGill SCS Connect (“MCGILL SCS CONNECT”). Although accessible through McGill SCS Connect’s Facebook page, Twitter profile, or Instagram post(s), the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are each completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest.
1. Eligibility. To participate in the Contest, the entrant must be a legal resident of one of the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland and Labrador; be a natural person (i.e., not a corporate entity); have reached the legal age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry into the Contest; and have complied with the Contest rules as provided herein (the “Rules”). Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of MCGILL SCS CONNECT, its affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related), of each of the above are not eligible to win.
2. How to Enter. The entry period for the Contest starts on Monday July 5 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ends on Monday, July 25 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, participants must join and complete onboarding of McGill SCS Connect hub - LINK HERE.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Individuals who wish to participate in a contest may alternately request an entry by contacting McGill SCS Connect Customer Care via mail to McGill SCS Connect Contests, 680 Rue Sherbrooke, Montréal, QC H3A 0B8. Making a purchase from McGill SCS Connect will not increase or otherwise impact your odds of winning. Entrants may be invited to consent to receive promotional emails from McGill University. Providing consent to receive promotional emails is not a requirement to participate in the Contest. Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Contest website via the Internet. McGill SCS Connect does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Contest website.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Rules. An entrant may not submit more than one Entry. If it is discovered that an entrant has submitted more than one Entry, such entrant will be disqualified from participating in the Contest. Any attempt or suspected attempt by an entrant to submit more than one Entry by using multiple email addresses or any other means will void all Entries for such entrant. Entries that are late, lost, incomprehensible, misdirected, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or that do not otherwise conform to the Rules may be disqualified by McGill University. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no lability whatsoever in relation to, any lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, invalid or illegible Entries (all of which are void). Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt by McGill University.
3. Prize. There are 2 prizes (the “Prizes”) consisting of 2 digital gift cards - $50 Amazon.ca. The Prize is available to be won by two single Prize winners (a “Prize Winner”). The approximate cash value of the Prize is $50 CAD. The Prize will be distributed within 30 calendar days after the Prize Winner has been successfully notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, substitutable, refundable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by McGill SCS Connect in its sole and absolute discretion). McGill SCS Connect reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize or a component thereof with a prize of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, a cash award. None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. Any other costs or expenses, including taxes on any of the Prize, incurred by a Prize Winner in claiming or using his/her Prize, not expressly stated herein as being included in the Prize, will be the responsibility of such Prize Winner.
4. Chances of Winning. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received by McGill University.
5. Winner Selection. On Tuesday, July 26, 2021 at 2 p.m. TO DRAW FOR PRIZE at 680 Rue Sherbrooke, Montréal, QC H3A 0B8, 1 entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrant will be notified by McGill University- SCS or its agents by telephone or email no later than 24 HOURS AFTER DRAW TIME and must respond within 7 calendar days of notification. If a selected entrant does not respond accordingly, fails to comply with any of the requirements herein, or otherwise fails to comply with the Rules, he or she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in McGill SCS Connect’s sole discretion. McGill SCS Connect is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or of McGill SCS Connect to receive a selected entrant’s response.
6. Limitation of Liability and Release. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused or provided by Contest entrants, Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries, (b) any theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries or the Contest website, (c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, (d) any failure of the website during the Contest, (e) any failure of any entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems, internet traffic, or any combination thereof, (f) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading or accessing materials related to the Contest, (g) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, (h) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein, (i) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a Prize Winner and/or (f) any combination of the above.
7. General. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations of the participants, McGill SCS Connect or any of the other Released Parties in connection with the Contest shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
Mass Entries, automated Entries, Entries submitted by third parties, and any Entries or Prize claims that are late, fraudulent or delayed will be void. All decisions of McGill University- SCS with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants without any right of appeal. McGill SCS Connect’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
McGill SCS Connect reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw, or amend the Contest or Rules in any way, without prior notice or obligations, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause beyond the control of McGill University- SCS that interferes with the conduct of the Contest. Any change to the Rules will be posted at https://www.mcgill.ca/continuingstudies/future-students/career-advising-...
McGill SCS Connect reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to McGill SCS Connect) for the purposes of verifying the entrant’s eligibility, the legitimacy of any entry, and/or a Prize claim, or for any other reason McGill SCS Connect deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with the Contest Rules or awarding any of the Prize.