Career advising appointment can be conducted virtually and/or in-person. Advising appointments are held Monday-Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. To book an advising appointment, please complete our online form: Book a Career Advising Appointment.
Same Day Drop-Ins (15 minutes)
You can book a drop-in by emailing careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca or phoning as of 9:00 am at 514-398-3304. Drop-ins will only be booked on the day of the drop-ins on a first come first serve basis. No drop-ins will be booked prior to the date of the drop-ins.
Upon booking a virtual drop-in, you will receive an approval email providing you with the Zoom link to access the drop-in. No personal statements will be conducted during the drop-in time.
Undergraduate and Graduate Drop-Ins
(must call or email to book)
- Tuesday 10:00 am - 11:00 (In person Downtown)
- Tuesday 1:30 pm - 3:15 pm - (Virtual)
- Wednesday 10 :00 am - 11:00 am (In person Downtown)
- Wednesday 10:00 am - 11:00 am (Virtual)
Walk ins into our office for Undergraduate and Graduates
(No booking required and is on a first come, first served basis)
- Mondays from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm (In person Downtown) AND
- Fridays from 1:30 pm - 3:15 pm (in person Downtown)
Macdonald Campus Walk ins
Friday 10:00 am - 11:00 am (In person Macdonald Campus)
In the interim, you can sign up for events through myFuture and keyword search the workshop you are interested in (ex. CV, Interview). Click the events tab followed by workshop tab to use the keyword feature. We strongly suggest the following events and workshops:
- Coffee with Career Advisors - “Drop in” to our open zoom forum to meet some of your CaPS Career Advisors and ask your career-related questions!
- Job Search Series – Designed to help undergraduate and graduate students explore careers or find work: Topics include CV & Cover Letter, Interview Tips, LinkedIn, Negotiation, Job Search Action Plan, etc.
- Industry Insiders - Get the inside scoop on the jobs you want by listening to professionals who work in your field / industry of interest.
In addition, you can check out some of our key online tools and videos.
Alumni who wish to make an appointment with a career advisor, kindly review your eligibility requirements before completing the online appointment form.