Due to an extraordinarily high demand for our services, students have reported difficulty booking appointments using our online system. We are temporarily closing the online booking system so that we can better assess your needs and connect you with the right resources.
To request an advising appointment, please leave a message at 514-398-3304 or email careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca
Career advising appointment can be conducted virtually and/or in-person. Advising appointments are held Monday-Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. To book an advising appointment, email careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca or call 514-398-3304
Same Day Drop-Ins
You can book a drop-in by emailing careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca or phoning 514-398-3304. Drop-ins will only be booked on the day of the drop-ins on a first come first serve basis. No drop-ins will be booked prior the date of the drop-ins.
Upon booking a drop-in, you will received an approval email providing you with the zoom link to access the drop-in. No personal statements will be conducted during the drop-in time.
Undergraduate Drop-In (15 minute drop-ins)
- Monday - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm (In Person)
- Tuesday - 1:30pm - 2:30 pm (Virtual)
- Wednesday – 10:30 am - 11:30 am (In Person) & 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm (Virtual)
- Friday – 9:30 am – 10:30 am (Virtual)
Graduate Drop-In (30 minute drop-ins)
- Friday - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Virtual)
In the interim, you can sign up for events through myFuture and keyword search the workshop you are interested in (ex. CV, Interview). Click the events tab followed by workshop tab to use the keyword feature. We strongly suggest the following events and workshops:
- Coffee with Career Advisors - “Drop in” to our open zoom forum to meet some of your CaPS Career Advisors and ask your career-related questions!
- Job Search Boot Camp Series – Designed to help undergraduate and graduate students explore careers or find work: Topics include CV & Cover Letter, Interview Tips, LinkedIn, Negotiation, Job Search Action Plan, etc.
- Industry Insiders - Get the inside scoop on the jobs you want by listening to professionals who work in your field / industry of interest.
In addition, you can check out some of our key online tools and videos.
All current McGill students who wish to make an appointment with a career advisor, please leave a message at (514) 398-3304, or email careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca. On-site bookings are not available at this moment.