Looking for graduate, certificate, undergraduate programs or short-term courses in Canada or abroad? The following sites can help you search for a program in Canada, the U.S., Europe and the World.
Canada & USA
To find a list of programs in Canada and USA:
- Directory of Canadian Universities: Search for any university program in Canada.
- Career Cruising: Contact caps.library [at] mcgill.ca (CaPS) or login through the Career Databases & Periodicals to obtain the username and password.
- Graduate Guide: Search for programs in both Canada and USA.
- Peterson’s Graduate Schools: Search for study programs in the USA.
Europe & the World
To find a list programs in the Europe or other regions in the world:
- Europe - Study Portals: Search for any study programs in Europe.
- Europe - Study Link: Search for any degrees and courses in Europe.
- Global - QS Top Universities: Search and compare universities around the world.
- UK - UCAS | UK postgraduate | UK - Prospects
Guides: Prospects Publications | British Council | Across the pond
- France - Campus France
- Germany - DAAD
- Holland - Study Finder
- Ireland - Postgrad
- Australia - Studies in Australia
- China - Study in China | Hong Kong
Short-Term, Summer & Language Programs
If you are looking for summer courses, language courses, or short-term programs:
- Business courses - McGill Management Centre: Professional courses in sales, marketing and HR.
- Specialized courses - McGill CREATE: A cross-disciplinary graduate program that equips traineers to enter the clinical technology sector.
- Short-term courses - Short Courses Portal: Short courses in Europe and worldwide.
- Short-term courses - IIEPassport.org: Summer or short-term programs in the USA and abroad.
- Language courses - Language Learning Portal: Language courses and schools.
- Language & short-term courses - Verge Study Abroad: Language and special interest courses.
- For more summer/short-term programs: Summer/Short-Term Study School Listings
School Profiles and Admission Criteria
Find out the minimum GPA and test scores required for both law and medical school admissions. You may have to create your own account to obtain full access to some of the following sites.
- Law - Canadian Law School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- Law - Best Law Schools (Vault)
- Law - The Best 172 Law Schools (The Princeton Review)
- Medicine - Canadian Medical School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- Medicine - SDN Medical School Rankings (Student Doctor Network)
- Medicine - Find medical schools (The Princeton Review)
- Business - Full-Time MBA Rankings (Economist)
- Business - Best Business Schools (Vault)
- Business - The Best 294 Business Schools (The Princeton Review)
Graduate School Rankings
The following ranking sites help you compare and choose a graduate school. Each tool has its own method of evaluating a school/program. Please consult each tool's methodology section for information on how they rank a school/program.
- Canada - Maclean's Univeristy Rankings: Canadian university ranking reports.
- USA - PhDs.org: Ranking of U.S. 4,900 doctoral programs across 59 fields.
- Global - QS World University Rankings: Rankings of university around the world.
- Global - Times Higher Education World University Rankings: Ranking of the world’s top universities.
- Global - Academic Ranking of World Universities: Rankings of top 500 universities.
Studying at another university is an opportunity which can enrich your undergraduate education and provide you with a chance for personal growth.
- For a list of study abroad options, visit McGill International Education Office
- If you have questions concerning transfer credit, contact Transfer Credits & Advanced Standing Office
Canadian Students Planning to Study Abroad
Canadian students who plan to study abroad or participate in education exchange programs and need to know the value of the credentials obtained abroad should consult these websites:
- Study outside Canada: CICIC provides Information on study abroad, financial assistance, recognition of academic credentials, and international education resources.
McGill International Degree Equivalency
If you are coming to McGill to study, consult the following websites for degree equivalency.
- Fact sheets containing information on credentials that are required for masters and doctoral admissions: International credentials and grade equivalencies
- McGill now works with a third party, AuraData, for degree verification. For more information: Third Party Degree Verifications
- To find a course equivalency, please consult the Course Equivalency System.
Engineering in Quebec
If you are an international student or out-of-province student who wants to do a Master degree in Engineering at McGill, please consult the OIQ website The Compass for answers to questions such as:
- Is my undergraduate education recognized by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)?
- What are the steps to take to be able to practice in the province of Quebec?
- What is the procedure to obtain an engineer's permit in Quebec?
Degree Equivalency Agencies
For a list of agencies (by province) offering degree equivalency services, visit:
- Qualifications recognition: The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) provides information and services on educational credential assessments.