Looking for graduate, certificate, undergraduate programs or short-term courses in Canada or abroad? The following sites can help you search for a program in Canada, the U.S., Europe and the World:
- Canada - Directory of Canadian Universities
- USA - Peterson’s Graduate Schools | Graduate Guide
- Global - Study Portals | QS Top Universities
Courses & Programs: UCAS | UK - Prospects
Guides & Publications: Prospects Publications | British Council | Across the pond
- France - Campus France
- Germany - DAAD
- Holland - Study Finder
- Ireland - Postgrad
- Australia - Studies in Australia
- For more programs: Study Programs
Short-Term, Language, and Specialized Programs
If you are looking for summer courses, language courses, or short-term programs:
Specialized Programs / Courses
- Short Courses Portal: Short courses in Europe and worldwide.
- IIEPassport.org: Summer or short-term programs worldwide.
- Verge Study Abroad: Language and special interest courses.
- For more programs: Summer/Short-Term Study School Listings
Studying at another university is an opportunity which can enrich your undergraduate education and provide you with a chance for personal growth.
- For a list of study abroad options, visit McGill Abroad Office
- If you have questions concerning transfer credit, contact Transfer Credits & Advanced Standing Office
- If you are a Canadian student planning to study abroad, visit Study Outside Canada for Information on study abroad, financial assistance, recognition of academic credentials, and international education resources.
School Profiles and Admission Criteria
Find out the minimum GPA and test scores required for both law and medical school admissions. You may have to create your own account to obtain full access to some of the following sites.
- Canadian Law School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- Best Law Schools (Vault)
- The Best Law Schools (The Princeton Review)
- Canadian Medical School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- SDN Medical School Rankings (Student Doctor Network)
- Find medical schools (The Princeton Review)
- Full-Time MBA Rankings (Economist)
- Best Business Schools (Vault)
- The Best Business Schools (The Princeton Review)
Graduate School Rankings
The following ranking sites help you compare and choose a graduate school. Each tool has its own method of evaluating a school/program. Please consult each tool's methodology section for information on how they rank a school/program.
- Maclean's Univeristy Rankings: Canadian university ranking reports.
- QS World University Rankings: Rankings of university around the world.
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings: Ranking of the world’s top universities.
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: Rankings of top 500 universities.
McGill International Degree Equivalency
If you are coming to McGill to study, consult the following websites for degree equivalency.
- Fact sheets containing information on credentials that are required for masters and doctoral admissions: International credentials and grade equivalencies
- McGill now works with a third party, AuraData, for degree verification. For more information: Third Party Degree Verifications
- To find a course equivalency, please consult the Course Equivalency System.
Engineering in Quebec
If you are an international student or out-of-province student who wants to do a Master degree in Engineering at McGill, please consult the OIQ website - The Compass for answers to questions such as:
- Is my undergraduate education recognized by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)?
- What are the steps to take to be able to practice in the province of Quebec?
- What is the procedure to obtain an engineer's permit in Quebec?
Degree Equivalency Agencies
For a list of agencies (by province) offering degree equivalency services, visit The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC)'s Qualifications Recognition Services