Employers, employment agencies, academic institutions, and others requiring confirmation of issuance of a student's McGill University credential and graduation date must submit their request through AuraData.
Please Note: Auradata can only confirm degrees granted in 1979 and after – if the student graduated prior to 1979, other verification documents are available to them such as a transcript or a copy of their diploma.
AuraData, a Canadian company specializing in secure online degree verification, is now providing these services to McGill University. Subscribers to AuraData are able to confirm the post-secondary education claims of prospective employees efficiently online, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Confidentiality is a primary concern of McGill University and of AuraData. A signed authorization from the McGill graduate is required by AuraData before any information is released to a third party.
The AuraData system will only confirm:
- Issuance of a McGill University credential (e.g. BA, PhD, etc)
- The date on which the credential was conferred to the student. Note that this date will be listed as one of the following:
- October 1st – for graduates who complete their degree requirements during the Summer term, McGill Senate confirms graduation in October, with the actual ceremony taking place in November.
- February 1st - for graduates who complete their degree requirements during the Fall term, McGill Senate confirms graduation in February, with the actual ceremony taking place in June.
- May 1st - for graduates who complete their degree requirements during the Winter term, McGill Senate confirms graduation in May, with the actual ceremony taking place in June
To confirm enrolment or information other than that listed above (eg. grades, grade-point averages, courses completed, dates of attendance, etc):
To confirm or verify medical training/credentialing:
- Undergraduate Medical Education: www.mcgill.ca/ugme/student-records/credentialing-services
- Postgraduate Medical Education: www.mcgill.ca/pgme/verification-training
For Professional Development certificates from the School of Continuing Studies, please contact Johnny Martuccio, Manager, Student Records Registration & Accounts, at: giovanni.martuccio [at] mcgill.ca
For any further questions regarding AuraData, please visit their FAQ page.