From the popularity of Web Services' training courses, to new features and resources that were quickly adopted on department websites, 2020 was a year we came together to build better web experiences for our audiences. Check out our top stories to get the details:
- How we're rebranding and rethinking the WMS
An overview of exciting new changes on the horizon in the WMS.
- Exorcise awkward layouts with ghost buttons
Our new ghost buttons were an overnight hit!
- New Web Services training courses available
Web Services' new content training courses were launched in January 2020.
- Answering the call...to update our call to action blocks
In late 2020, WMS call-to-action blocks got a new, brand-aligned look and some important customizations.
- Updates to typography in the WMS
Our new McGill fonts went live in the WMS.
- A fresh palette and a new look for text links
A fresh new colour palette and a new paradigm for text links were introduced.
- Case study: The strategic overhaul of Undergraduate Admissions
Teams from departments across McGill came together to redesign the Undergraduate Admissions website.
- Remote audience testing *at* McGill: Challenges and lessons learned
A look at the lessons we learned conducting audience research in 2020.
- Building a better search experience
The long-awaited new search tool is released in the WMS.
- What's your role in McGill's web community?
At the end of 2020 a clearly defined web governance framework was introduced at McGill.
Web Services tools and resources launched in 2020
New guidelines and best practices
- Diversity & inclusion in digital communications
- Gender neutral language
- Video and audio accessibility
New training courses
- Writing for the web at McGill - WS-100
- McGill's digital standards - WS-101
- Designing digital experiences with the McGill brand - WS-102
- UX at McGill - WS-103
- Lab for content creators - WS-104
- Web analytics - WS-105
New in web governance
Our 2020 year-end presentation
Interested in hearing more about the tools and resources we launched in 2020? Sign in with your McGill ID to check out these links from our recent 2020 year-end presentation: