Generally speaking, McGill does not admit undergraduate students for the January session (Winter semester). When space and program structure permit, the following applicants may be considered for some programs:
- Individuals (regardless of citizenship) currently studying in CEGEP in Quebec and completing their DEC requirements by December, or individuals who have obtained the CEGEP DEC and who have not undertaken subsequent study elsewhere.
- Individuals (regardless of citizenship) who will have an undergraduate degree from a Canadian University at the time of entry and who would like to apply to the Bachelor of Theology, the Diploma in Environment, the Certificate in Food Science or the Certificate in Ecological Agriculture.
- Individuals (regardless of citizenship) who will have a McGill degree, and who have not undertaken subsequent study elsewhere, will be eligible to apply as a Special Student or for a second McGill degree. These individuals must contact Service Point directly for detailed instructions on how to apply.
All applicants are expected to fulfill the admission requirements.
Programs open for admission in January 2021
Application opens October 16, 2020
Application deadline for the faculties and schools listed below - November 1, 2020
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (Macdonald Campus)
Open to CEGEP students and McGill graduates described in the "Eligible Applicants" section, as well as qualified students applying as Special, Visiting, Transfer and Mature applicants.
- B.Eng. (Bioresource Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Agricultural & Environmental Sciences)
- B.Sc. (Food Science)
The following Certificate and Diploma programs in this Faculty will also be open to applicants with a completed university degree.
- Certificate in Food Science
- Certificate in Ecological Agriculture
- Diploma in Environment
Open to CEGEP students
- B.A. - Limited enrolment based on space availability
This program is open only to students who have completed a B.Sc. or B.A. degree or equivalent.
- Diploma in Environment (Faculty of Science)
Open to CEGEP students
- B.Eng – Materials
- B.Eng - Mining
- Although McGill’s Schulich School of Music programs are normally closed for January admission, interested students may contact Mr. patrick.oneill [at] mcgill.ca (Patrick O’Neill) to inquire about possible availability.
Programs closed for admission in January 2021:
- Bachelor of Social Work
- B.A.& B.Sc.
- Education (Kindergarten and Elementary, Secondary, Teaching English as a Second Language, Kinesiology, Physical Education and B.Ed. (Music))
- Engineering (Bioengineering, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Software)
- B.Sc. (Fd. Sc.)/(Nutr. Sc.)
- B.Sc. (Nutr. Sc.) Nutrition
- B.Sc. (Nutr. Sc.) Dietetics
- Diploma in Farm Management Technology
- Diploma in Meteorology
- Nursing (B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.N. (Integrated))
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Science (BBL, BPC, PEMC, Neuroscience)