McGill is registered as a bill with most Canadian banks and many credit unions and trust companies.
- Log into your online banking
- Add McGill as a bill (bill payee) and the account number is your McGill ID number (*If a Guest is paying, please use the Student’s ID, not the Guest ID)
- We are listed as McGill University (PQ), we are not TRU MCGILL RESIDENCE.
- Pay the McGill bill
- It will take 1-3 business days for the payment to be received, and will be credited to your account around 1:30pm.
- If you paid by the due date, we will receive the payment before interest is charged.
- If you have a hold, the hold will lift when the payment is received and credited to your account.
We recommend that you use one of the electronic methods of payment. If this is not possible, we do accept cheques. The University is not responsible for mail service delivery. Postmarks on envelopes are not viewed as the received date. If a payment is received past the fee deadline indicated on your e-bill, interest and/or a Late Payment Fee will be assessed. The cheque can be mailed, along with a copy of your e-bill, to:
McGill University — Student Accounts Office
3415 McTavish Street
Montréal, Québec H3A 0C8
Cheques, money orders or bank drafts should be made payable to "McGill University" in Canadian funds. To ensure that your account is correctly credited, you must print your family name and McGill ID number on the front of the cheque or money order.
HigherEdPoints (Aeroplan and TD points)
HigherEd Points allows you to apply TD and Aeroplan reward points towards your tuition and fees. You can do this for any credit course. Continuing Studies non-credit courses are not eligible. Sign up with Higher Ed Points and follow the steps for your loyalty program. Once you've completed the transfer, it will take about 3-4 business days for the points to be applied to your student fee account.
Find detailed information and instructions at HigherEdPoints.com.
*Payments made through HigherEdPoints are non-refundable if they create a credit balance on the student’s fee account the credit will be applied against future charges.