Acceptance of fees by the University in no way guarantees that students will receive academic permission to pursue their studies. If it is subsequently determined that the academic standing does not permit the student to continue, all fees paid in advance will be refunded upon request to the Student Accounts Office, any applicable deposit forfeitures, registration cancellation fees, or refund processing fees.
- International students with questions about pre-payment related to the Student Direct Stream (SDS) application for their study permit should refer to the International students FAQs.
- Funds transferred to McGill should be for tuition, fees and other charges in the student fee account, not exceeding the annual amount.
- Funds should not be sent to McGill for living expenses for the student.
- McGill reserves the right to hold funds for a subsequent term, if what was sent is more than what is owed.
- All payments remitted to the University will be applied to the oldest debt from the oldest term first. However, payments made as a result of a request for a deposit, e.g. Student Housing, will typically be applied to Student Housing charges, even if that charge is not the oldest.
- Payments must reach the University by the payment due date in order to avoid interest and late payment fees.
- Your student fee account is not a bank account, and should not be used as a way for someone to transfer money to you. Money sent to McGill is strictly for charges billed through your student fee account.
- Credit balances can result from overpayments, awards, and dropped courses. Credit balances will automatically be applied against future charges or may be refunded upon request after the course withdrawal deadlines, see Refund policy and procedures. If the payment on the account was originally received from outside of Canada we may ask you for your bank account information so that the credit may be returned by wire to the originating country. Wire transfer costs will be deducted from your credit balance.
- Interest will not be paid on credit balances. Students are encouraged to verify their balance in Minerva.
- If you choose to use another payment method other than what is listed on our website, it is your responsibility to ensure that the funds are received by McGill and credited to your account in a timely manner. We would like to remind all students to be aware of costs that may be associated with all payment methods. We cannot answer questions about payment methods outside of what is listed above, nor can we troubleshoot problems with alternate payment methods.