Preparing your application
In order for your application to be considered complete, you must have submitted the following in English or in French:
- The application form (using the link)
- A letter of intent (2 pages maximum, single spacing, Times New Roman, 12 pt font) describing:
- Your academic background and previous research experience
- Your interest in biomedical research and in pursuing graduate studies,
- Your academic and career goals
- How this summer internship will benefit you on a personal, academic and professional level
- All of your university transcripts showing your cumulative average (digitalized and/or unofficial copies accepted)
- Your résumé (CV)
- You may also submit a letter of recommendation from a professor who can attest to the quality of your academic achievement including, if applicable, any research experience you may have. This letter must be forwarded to us confidentially, by email, (sbms.medicine [at] mcgill.ca), and directly by its author.
Where do I send my application documents?
Please email the letter of intent, transcript(s) and résumé to: sbms.medicine [at] mcgill.ca
What happens after I apply?
The application packages will be evaluated by a selection committee made up of members of the School of Biomedical Sciences.
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Interest in biomedical research
- Desire to pursue graduate studies in a field related to biomedical research
- Quality of the letter of intent
- Quality of the academic record
Application packages accepted by the selection committee are sent to professors who select the candidates retained for an interview (in person, by telephone or by videoconference). The results will be announced in February of 2023. All applicants, selected or not, will be notified by email.