The School Administrator is a key member of the student teaching "triad." McGill relies on School Administrators to:
- Ensure that their staff are aware of the roles and responsibilities of serving as a Co-operating Teacher
- Oversee the arrangement and assignment of the student teacher to an eligible Co-operating Teacher
- Orient the student teacher to the school and acquaint them with the social environment, philosophy, policies, regulations, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of the student teacher's activities in the school and ensure that the student teacher is exposed to a variety and range of experiences
- Act as liaison with between McGill's Internships & Student Affairs Office, the Field Supervisor and the Co-operating Teacher, as needed