WHAT IS PAY EQUITY?
In 1996, the Quebec government adopted a law to address systemic salary discrimination against women, known as the Pay Equity Act. It requires employers to conduct an evaluation to ensure that predominantly female job categories have access to the same level of maximum compensation as predominantly male job categories of equivalent value.
For further information on the Pay Equity Act, please watch the video below, published by the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST).
For the English version of the video, please click here.
THE PAY EQUITY PROGRAM AT MCGILL
In 2001, McGill implemented a pay equity program, as required by law. A final report was submitted to the Québec government's Pay Equity Commission on November 21, 2001.
The Pay Equity Act also requires employers to evaluate and conduct an evaluation of pay equity maintenance every five years to correct pay inequities in predominantly female job categories. Pay equity maintenance reviews were conducted in 2005 and 2010.
TAX INFORMATION FOR 2019
- Pay equity update to all staff (Posted September 20, 2019)
- Pay equity update to all staff (Posted June 17, 2019)
- Pay equity update to all staff (Posted December 13, 2018)
2015 PAY EQUITY MAINTENANCE
Pay equity message and posting (Posted March 24, 2017)
Pay equity message and posting (Posted December 21, 2016
2010 PAY EQUITY MAINTENANCE
- Pay equity message to all staff (Posted June 29, 2016)
- Second posting of the results of the pay equity maintenance (Posted June 29, 2016)
- Pay equity message to all staff (Posted March 31, 2016)
- Posting of the results of 2010 pay equity maintenance (Posted March 31, 2016)