The GHP Student Global Health Initiatives Fund supports global health activities and events that are led by McGill students and targeted towards McGill students. For an activity to be considered for funding, it must be open or available to all McGill students. There is no limit to the number of student-run organizations that can apply, however funds are limited. Funding decisions are subject to the availability of funds, and will be made based on the likelihood of the proposed activity to benefit the student community and to contribute towards improving global health. Priority will be given to activities or events that involve collaboration between multiple McGill student run-organizations.
Applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the activity or event date.
Please note: Payment processing time is 4-6 weeks. Unless an application is submitted well in advance of an activity/event, applicants should not expect to receive funds prior to the activity/event taking place.
- GHP will not consider multiple requests for the same activity.
- No retroactive funding requests will be accepted.
- A maximum of $700 will be considered for each activity.
- Students must complete the application process each year to renew previously funded activities.
- Funding will not be provided for travel or other expenses related to an individual student’s international elective, research project, or community service program. Students seeking funding for such purposes should refer to the McGill Travel Awards.
Requirements of funding recipients:
- Inclusion of the GHP logo on all promotional materials to indicate GHP as a sponsor.
- Submit details of the activity to GHP at least 2-4 weeks prior to the event in order to be listed on the GHP website and in the bi-weekly GHP e-newsletter.
- Submit a brief report to studentaffairsghp.med [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Student%20Fund%20Questions) within 4 weeks following the event - a brief email summarizing the event including the number of participants, major highlights, and a couple of photos if possible. Failure to submit this report will render the group ineligible for future GHP Student Global Health Initiatives Fund support.
- All funding from the Student Global Health Initiatives Fund is issued via a cheque from the Global Health Programs office. It is the responsibility of the student group to deposit the cheque within 6 months from the date of issue. Cheques that are not deposited will not be reissued.
McGill student groups can also consider submitting their project to the following sources: