To be considered for funding, the event or activity must be open or available to all eligible McGill students. There is no limit to the number of student-run organizations or activities that can apply, however funds are limited. The decision to fund student-run activities will be based on activities with the greatest likely benefit to the student community and impact on improving global health.
Applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
Please note: It takes 4-6weeks for a check to be issued. Unless you are applying well in advance of your event do not expect that you will receive the money prior to your event.
- GHP will not consider multiple requests for the same activity.
- No retroactive funding requests will be accepted.
- A maximum of $1,000 will be consider for each activity.
- Students must complete the application process each year to renew previously funded activities.
- Funding will not be provided for travel or other expenses related to an individual student’s international elective, research project or community service program. Students seeking funding for such purposes should refer to the McGill Travel Awards.
Requirements of funding recipients:
- Include our logo on promotional materials to indicate that GHP is a sponsor.
- Submit details of the event to GHP office at least 2-4 weeks prior to event if you would like to be listed on the website and in the email newsletter.
- Submit a brief report of the event (just a short email with a summary of the event including number of participants, major highlights of the event, and a couple of photos) to studentaffairsghp.med [at] mcgill.ca (subject: Student%20Fund%20Questions)
- All funding from the student global health initiatives fund for student-run activities are issued via cheque from the Global Heal Programs Office. It is the responsibility of the student group to deposit the cheque within 6 months from the date of issue. Funding will not be reissued beyond this time period.