McGill Summer Institutes in Global Health
May 24 - June 17, 2022
Proudly offering short courses for students and professionals for seven years.
Summary Started in 2015, the McGill Summer Institute brings the research and clinical strengths of McGill University and the McGill University Health Centre-Research Institute to the world in a short course format. Courses for 2022 are offered in a hybrid (concurrent online and in-person) and online-only formats. Course material will be recorded to accommodate asynchronous learners from all time zones. The course page and the FAQ section are available to answer any questions you have.
Who should attend Participants are students and working professionals from universities, research institutes, governmental and non-profit organizations, and industry. Our courses are excellent sources of professional development or supplemental material for current students looking to learn more. The Summer Institute encourages applications from low and middle income countries. In 2021, 57% of our attendees were from a LMIC country. A limited amount of scholarships are available to cover registration fees for participants currently living and working or studying in a low or middle income country. Visit our scholarships section to learn more about scholarships before applying.
Choose just one or multiple courses!
Week 1: May 24-27, 2022
Week 2: May 30-June 3, 2022
Week 3: June 6-10, 2022
Week 4: June 13-17
Explore each of our Institutes by topic
- Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health
- Institute in Peace, Health and Sustainability with the Pegasus Institute
- Institute in Global Rehabilitation
- New-just added! Coursework: Health Systems and Global Governance
2022 by the numbers
- 9 exciting courses in the Summer Institute in Infectious Diseases and Global Health including a brand new course in "Digital Health" and the return of the popular "TB Research Methods" course.
- 2 hybrid courses offering content either in-person or online to accommodate all learners!
- 12 fully online courses to facilitate attendance from participants around the world.
Overall Summer Institute Stats
- 39 courses offered since 2015
- 3,794 participants in the last six years