Digital Health | June 9-10, 2022
Online only. Approximately 9 am to 1pm (Montreal time) each day June 9-10, 2022. Live content will be recorded.
The health care industry is at the threshold of a massive disruption that is increasingly catalyzed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The scope of change and transformation brought about by innovations is unprecedented. Wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) enabled platforms have improved remote patient monitoring and monitoring for wellness. Smart Applications (Apps) have demonstrated evidence of improved linkages and retention of patients in care, expanded access to unreached populations, improved documentation of health-related metrics and overall engagement in health care. Machine learning has improved prediction. 3D modeling and 3Dprinting have generated a blueprint for changes in drugs, devices, prosthetics, and hearing aids. High-value care (convenient, targeted, personalized, efficient, and cost-saving) is available for the billions with access to the internet. Convergence of sorts of many exciting innovative developments in parallel is being accelerated by the prolongation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nitika Pant Pai, MD, MPH, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, McGill University
Divisions of Clinical Epidemiology, Experimental Medicine & Infectious Diseases.
Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, MUHC Research Institute
Faculty are still being confirmed.
This two-day online course on digital health will touch upon many of these promising innovations and developments in the space. Participants will learn from world-class faculty and industry experts.
The course format includes a mix of plenary talks, engaging panel discussions, and a showcase of innovative products and services from innovators, industry, academics, and data analysts to health care organizations.
Content will cover a wide variety of topics from population health/preventative medicine to clinical medicine/ virtual health and telemedicine. We will also showcase clinical decision support with algorithms to Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and immersive patient experiences. We plan to focus on global and national innovations, evaluations and implementation, and discuss challenges & barriers to scale-up, and sustainability.
- Engage with key global thinkers in the digital health space to share their vision.
- Provide a global forum to showcase top of the line protected digital health innovations from the industry, academia, and non-profit organizations.
- Learn from exemplars of digital health processes and systems implemented globally and discuss the implementation at scale and sustainability of promising digital health innovations.
- Identify novel approaches to scale-up within health care systems worldwide
- Convene discussions on data harmonization, data access, data sharing, and data ownership, so as to inform the direction of future practice, policy, and funding initiatives for big data and digital health.
- Raise awareness, educate, and engage the global audience (participants, stakeholders, and end-user groups) on key issues of global importance.
This course appeals to a wide range of participants including:
- Researchers and academics
- Clinical Administrators, Healthcare Organizations CIO, CTO, CDO, CDGHO
- Students and fellows
- Product developers
- Funders and public health agency officials
- Patient advocates and clinical champions
- Policy makers
- Non-profit organizations and foundations