CFHI Announces New Uganda Community Health Programs
— Live Program Information Webinar: January 21st —
Starting in April 2014 CFHI begins community-based programs in it's newest partner country, Uganda. These unique programs focus on interactions between poverty, ill health, lack of education, and the need for empowerment in sub-Saharan Africa.
CFHI students will travel to southern Uganda to learn about health issues facing this region including HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, and maternal and child health challenges, among others. During the month or more of the experience students take part in clinical rotations, workshops, visits with local NGOs and social entrepreneurs, and participation in education and outreach efforts. CFHI is offering two Uganda programs, each with a distinct program focus:
View all 20+ CFHI programs in 7 countries: http://bit.ly/AllCFHIPrograms.
Both undergrads and graduate level students interested in health/medicine and social sciences may participate. CFHI programs run every month and group discounts and alternate start dates throughout each month are also available.
LEARN MORE: PROGRAM INFO WEBINAR JANUARY 21st: Find out more about any of CFHI's 20+ offerings (http://bit.ly/AllCFHIPrograms), scholarships, and more by attending a live webinar on select dates -upcoming January 21st- and hear from alumni and staff. Register for free webinars here: http://bit.ly/GlobalHealthWebinars.
CFHI GLOBAL HEALTH PROGRAMS PROVIDE:
- Rotations in clinics and hospitals or work with public health facilities and NGOs
- Spanish classes with an emphasis on medical Spanish (Latin America Programs)
- Health information lectures conducted by local physicians and health professionals
- 50% or more of each CFHI program fee supports underserved communities abroad
- Over 20 years experience, United Nations recognized nonprofit, member of the International Volunteer Program Association
Child Family Health International: cfhi.org