Faculty of Education COVID-19 FAQs

Currently Registered Students - Kindergarten/Elementary

Kindergarten and Elementary advising documents

Advising documents are divided by year of entry into the program. Select the advising documents relevant to the year you entered Year 1 of the K/Elementary program.

Students admitted Fall 2019

  • Four Year Kindergarten and Elementary Program Overview Fall 2019
  • Three Year Kindergarten and Elementary Advanced Standing Overview Fall 2019
  • Program Checklist Kindergarten and Elementary Fall 2019
  • Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) - Kindergarten and Elementary Education (120 Credits)

Students admitted Fall 2018

Students admitted Fall 2017

Students admitted Fall 2016

Students admitted Fall 2015

Students admitted Fall 2014

Students admitted Fall 2013

Students admitted Fall 2012

Students admitted Fall 2010 or Fall 2011

Students admitted Fall 2009 or prior

Student Advising Support Team:

TBA, Academic Advisor
Tina Schiavone, Academic Advisor
Grace Wong- McAllister, Academic Advisor

Tel.: (514) 398-4527, Ext. 094692 - Email

Frequently Asked Questions:

Where can I find help on how to use Minerva to register for courses?

Step by step instructions and a tutorial video can be found on this website. In addition, the Internships & Student Affairs office is available to help you with registration difficulties.

When are my field experiences (dates)?

See the overviews above to find the semesters in which you should complete your field experiences. In addition, the start and end dates for all field experiences each year can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website.

I've written an English exit exam already, do I need to register for EDEC 215?

Yes, the provincial government requires that all students in teacher education programs demonstrate their proficiency in the language of instruction.  More information can be found on the Internships & Student Affairs website.

When do I need to start registering for courses?

Registration for courses for newly admitted students begins in June and ends a couple weeks after classes in the semester begin.  A complete list of registration start and end dates can be found here.

What should I do if I'm having trouble registering for a course?

If you are getting an error such as 'program restriction' or 'reserve closed' when attempting to register for a course, first ensure that you are selecting the section designated for your program (if applicable: see the notes under the course in class schedule search on Minerva).  If you are still having trouble, contact the department offering the course (Educational and Counselling Psychology for EDPE and EDPI courses, Linguistics for LING courses, English for ENGL courses, etc.).  The calendar entry for the course will indicate the offering department.

If I am interested in taking French courses, where do I go to take the French Placement Test?

Information about French courses and the French Placement Test can be found on the French Language Centre website.

The information on this program is organized for three distinct groups:

Prospective Students   Newly Admitted   Currently Registered


    Back to top