NOTE: The dates below are for RETURNING students only, excluding Law students who register in late May.
Newly admitted undergraduate students please see your registration dates here.
All students must register for at least one course by August 14, 2019 to avoid paying a late registration fee.
Returning students’ registration for 2019-2020 Fall/Winter courses opens over three mornings on April 2-3-4, 2019.
- Once Minerva Class Schedule becomes available for 2019-2020 (normally by the end of the third week of March) you will be able to view your personalised registration start time in Minerva (Student Menu>Registration Menu>Check your Registration Eligibility and Verify Your Curriculum).
- Every student in each of the three groups outlined in the table below will be assigned a personalised start time for registration based on how many credits remain to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Students closest to fulfilling their degree requirements will be given highest priority, i.e. students with the least number of credits remaining to graduate will have the earliest start times, while those with more credits remaining will have later start times.
- Students may begin registering as of their personalised start times and can continue registering through to the end of course change in each term.
- The earliest time slot is 8:00 a.m. and time slots progress throughout the morning until all eligible students have access.
You are encouraged to look up your personal registration start time as soon as it becomes available and to plan your registration activities prior to the dates outlined in the table below. Note that when accessing Minerva in March or April the default term will be winter; be sure to select the correct term in Minerva to view your start time. Before your start time use Class Schedule and Visual Schedule Builder to select your CRNs, consult your program advisors as appropriate and obtain permits or other permissions from departments for courses that have restrictions.
To help you prepare for registration please check the following in Minerva:
- are you able to log in to Minerva (do you need a PIN reset)?
- are you eligible to register (do you have holds that prevent you from registering)?
- is your year correct in Fall 2019 (i.e. U1, U2, U3 or U4)? Carrying a reduced course load, failures or time off from your studies could mean your year is not correct; likewise, advanced standing, routinely taking summer courses and/or completing more credits per term than the normal load may also mean your year is not correct. Check with a Faculty or School advisor.
- is your curriculum correct in Fall 2019 (i.e. your major and minor programs)? Many courses have restrictions tied to programs; make any adjustments before your registration start time.
- do you have pending transfer credit from previous terms? If possible these should be resolved before April.
- will you need permits to register in any of the courses you wish to take? If you see notes on the CRNs you select that mention pre-requisites, special permission or placement tests are required, visit the departments to obtain these permissions prior to your registration start time.
Reminder: if your registration start time is between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. on any of the days outlined below, most departments and Student Affairs Offices do not open before 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Thursday, April 4, 2019
This group consists of students entering their U3/U4 year in the Fall
as well as students in all years of Dentistry, Graduate Studies, Farm Management and Technology, Joint Continuing Studies-Faculty of
This group consists of students entering their U2 year in the Fall
This group consists of students entering their U1 year in the Fall
Consult McGill's eCalendar (program calendars) for information on courses and degree requirements.