All students must register for at least one course by Aug. 14, 2020 to avoid paying a late registration fee.
Newly Admitted Undergraduate Student Registration
Newly admitted undergraduate students can view their registration dates here.
Returning Student Registration
Registration for Returning students for 2020–2021 Fall & Winter courses will open over three mornings on April 1, 2, and 3, 2020.
Check your Personal Registration Start Time
- Once Minerva Class Schedule becomes available for 2020-2021 (normally by the end of the third week of March), you will be able to view your personal registration start time in Minerva (Student Menu > Registration Menu > Check your Registration Eligibility and Verify Your Curriculum).
- Every student in each of the three groups outlined in the table below will be assigned a personal registration start time based on how many credits remain to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Students closest to fulfilling their degree requirements will be given highest priority, i.e. students with the least number of credits remaining to graduate will have the earliest start times.
- Students may begin registering as of their personal start time and can continue registering through to the end of course change in each term.
- The earliest time slot is 8:00 a.m. and time slots progress throughout the morning until all eligible students have access.
You are encouraged to look up your personal registration start time as soon as it becomes available and to plan your registration activities prior to the dates outlined in the table below.
Before your start time, use Class Schedule and Visual Schedule Builder to select your CRNs. Consult your program advisor as appropriate and obtain permits/permissions from departments for courses that have restrictions.
To help prepare for registration, please check the following in Minerva:
- Are you able to log in to Minerva (do you need a PIN reset)?
- Are you eligible to register (do you have holds that prevent you from registering)?
- Is your year correct in Fall 2020 (i.e. U1, U2, U3, or U4)? Carrying a reduced course load, failures, or time off from your studies could mean your year is not correct. Likewise, advanced standing, routinely taking summer courses, or completing more credits per term than the normal load may also mean your year is not correct. Check with a Faculty or School advisor to verify your year.
- Is your curriculum correct in Fall 2020 (i.e. your major and minor programs)? Many courses have restrictions tied to programs; make any adjustments before your registration start time.
- Do you have pending transfer credit from previous terms? If possible, these should be resolved before April.
- Will you need permits to register in any of the courses you wish to take? If the CRNs you select contain notes that mention pre-requisites, special permission, or placement tests, contact the departments to obtain these permissions prior to your registration start time.
Registration Start Dates for Returning Students
Registration start dates for returning undergraduate and graduate students
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020
Students entering their U3/U4 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Students entering their U2 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Students entering their U1 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Consult McGill's eCalendar (program calendars) for information on courses, programs, and degree requirements.