All students must register for at least one course by Aug. 14, 2021 to avoid paying a late registration fee.
Newly Admitted Student Registration
- Undergraduate Students: Newly admitted undergraduate students can view their registration dates here.
- Graduate Students: Fall 2021–Winter 2022 course registration will open for newly admitted graduate students at 9:00 a.m. on July 6, 2021.
Returning Student Registration
Fall 2021–Winter 2022 course registration will open for returning students over three mornings on June 1, 2, and 3, 2021.
Advising for Returning Students
Advising for returning undergraduate students begins at the beginning of April, after the tentative Minerva Class Schedule for the upcoming year becomes available. Students are encouraged to contact their Student Affairs Office (SAO) as early in April as possible about the best time to seek advising. Please refer to the Advisor Directory for information on booking an appointment with an advisor.
Check your Personal Registration Start Time
- Once the Minerva Class Schedule becomes available for 2021-2022 (normally at the beginning of April), you will be able to view your personal registration start time in Minerva (Student Menu > Registration Menu > Check your Registration Eligibility and Verify Your Curriculum).
- You will be assigned a personal registration start time based on how many credits remain to fulfill your degree requirements. Students with the least number of credits remaining to graduate will have the earliest start times.
- Students may begin registering as of their personal start time and can continue registering through to the end of course change (i.e., add/drop deadline) in each term.
- The earliest time slot is 8:00 a.m. and time slots progress throughout the morning until all eligible students have access.
You are encouraged to look up your personal registration start time as soon as it becomes available and to plan your registration activities prior to the dates outlined in the table below.
Before your start time, use Class Schedule and Visual Schedule Builder to select your CRNs. Consult your program advisor as appropriate and obtain permits/permissions from departments for courses that have restrictions.
To help prepare for registration, please check the following in Minerva:
Are you able to log into Minerva, or do you need a PIN reset?
To ensure you're able to register, please check if you have any holds that prevent you from registering.
Please ensure that your student year (i.e. U1, U2, U3, or U4) is correct for Fall 2021, because this has an impact on your eligibility for certain courses. Carrying a reduced course load, failures, or time off from your studies could mean your year is not correct. Likewise, advanced standing, routinely taking summer courses, or completing more credits per term than the normal load may also mean your year is not correct. Check with a Faculty or School advisor to verify your year.
Please verify your curriculum (i.e. your major and minor programs). Many courses have restrictions tied to programs, so make any adjustments before your registration start time.
Any transfer credit issues should be resolved before June.
If the CRNs you select contain notes that mention pre-requisites, special permission, or placement tests, contact the departments to obtain these permissions prior to your registration start time.
Registration Start Dates for Returning Students
Registration start dates for returning undergraduate and graduate students
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Students entering their U3/U4 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Students entering their U2 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Students entering their U1 year in the Fall for the following faculties:
Consult McGill's eCalendar for information on courses, programs, and degree requirements.