Answers to frequently asked questions are listed below. Note that many issues are addressed in detail in the Graduate Student Handbook. The Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office at McGill also publishes several guides and handbooks for graduate students.

Please contact gradcoordinator.chemeng [at] mcgill.ca (graduate admissions) in Chemical Engineering with any outstanding queries.

Who can apply for admission?

Highly qualified students holding a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or science discipline can apply.

Is there any financial aid?

Yes, for more information on funding, see the Financial Support web page.

What is the duration of the program?

The master’s program takes an average of 20 months to complete.

The PhD program requires a minimum residence of two years, and a minimum fee payment over three years.

Is there any language prerequisite or GRE score needed to apply to graduate studies?

A GRE score is not required.

Canadian citizens and applicants whose mother tongue or language of instruction is English do not need to provide proof of English proficiency.

All other applicants must prove competence in English by achieving 575 on TOEFL, 7.0 on IELTS, or 85% on the Michigan test.

Back to top