McGill Alert / Alerte de McGill

Updated: Mon, 07/15/2024 - 16:07

Gradual reopening continues on downtown campus. See Campus Public Safety website for details.

La réouverture graduelle du campus du centre-ville se poursuit. Complément d'information : Direction de la protection et de la prévention.

International Funding

We encourage all international students to apply for funding. More info regarding opportunities can be found here.

We also encourage you to contact your country's educational authorities to inquire about funding opportunities to study at McGill. Opportunities available through international agencies as well as application dates, guidelines and required documents can be found here.

Internal Differential Fee Waivers (DFW)

Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies awards Differential Fee Waivers (DFWs) to international Doctoral students, and exceptionally to international Research Master’s students each academic year. International students who are given a DFW are exempt from the international tuition supplement. For more information, please visit the GPS Website.

Eligibility: Differential fee waivers are restricted to international graduate students at McGill whose visa status requires them to pay full international tuition fees. Recipients must be registered with a "full-time status" / within Curriculum Year 1-3 for Ph.D., or Curriculum Year 1 for M.Sc (you can consult your Student Advising Transcript on Minerva if you are unsure of your status). Eligible students are automatically considered by the Department and those chosen are contacted prior to the start of the applicable academic year.

External DFWs – Bilateral Agreements Between Québec and Other Governments

External DFWs, or Quebec Exemptions, are available from a number of external sources, including the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur (MEES).  You can find more information on eligibility requirements and application procedures on the GPS Website.

For further information concerning international fee exemptions from certain countries and what documents are required, you can visit this website.

Back to top