Find a Graduate Program
Graduate School Programs
Looking for a graduate or certificate program in Canada or abroad? The following sites can help you search for a program in Canada, the U.S., Europe and the World.
Canada & USA
- Career Cruising: Canadian and US study programs. Contact caps [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (CaPS) or login to the Career Databases & Periodicals for username and password.
- AUCC - Canadian Universities: Study programs, searchable by study level, discipline and location.
- Graduate Guide: Graduate schools in the US and Canada, searchable by discipline and location.
- GradSchoolFinder.com: Canadian study programs, searchable by school type and location.
- Peterson’s Graduate Schools: U.S. study programs, searchable by discipline and location.
- Grad View: U.S. graduate study programs. Searchable by discipline and location.
- U.S. News University Directory: US graduate study programs, searchable by discipline and location.
Europe & the World
- Study Portals: Portal Masters, Ph.D programs, short courses and scholarships in Europe.
- StudyinEUROPE.eu: Masters, Ph.D and Bachelor programs in Europe.
- Study in Europe: Programs in Europe that are taught in English.
- UK - British Council: Courses, institutions and scholarships.
- France - Campus France: Visit the link "Study in France" for study programs.
- Germany - DAAD: Visit the link "Program Index" for a list of programs.
- Australia - Studyinaustralia.gov.au: Visit the link "Courses" for study programs.
- China - Study in China: Universities, international programs and scholarships.
- QS – TopGradSchool: Top universities around the world.
- GradSchools.com: Graduate school directory in the world.
Links to more programs: Recommended Websites
Find out the minimum GPA and test scores required for both law and medical school admissions.
- Canadian Law School Admissions Stats (PDF)
- Key Facts about Canadian Common-Law Law Schools
- (MCAT) Medical School Admissions Stats and Dates (PDF)
Graduate School Rankings
The following ranking sites help you compare and choose a graduate school.
- Canada - GlobeCampus: Globe and Mail's tool for searching, comparing and ranking schools.
- Canada - Macleans OnCampus: Ranking of Canadian universities.
- USA - PhDs.org: Ranking of 1,600 US universities using data from the National Research Council.
- USA - U.S. News Grad School Rankings: Ranking of US graduate schools by subject areas.
- World - QS World University Rankings: Rankings of university around the world.
- World – Times Higher Education World University Rankings: Ranking of the world’s top universities.
- World - U.S. News' World's Best Universities: Ranking of top universities in Asia and Latin America.
- World - Academic Ranking of World Universities: Ranking of research universities.
Studying at another university is an opportunity which can enrich your undergraduate education and provide you with a chance for personal growth.
To attend a study abroad information session, or learn more about independent study, McGill exchange programs or online courses, visit: McGill Arts OASIS - Study Abroad
If you have questions concerning transfer credit, please consult: Transfer Credit Policy
For Canadian Students Planning to Study Abroad
Canadian students who plan to study abroad or participate in education exchange programs and need to know the value of the credentials obtained abroad should consult this fact sheet: Information for Canadian Students Planning to Study Abroad
- Academic Destinations (The Chrolicle)
Explore the benefits, culture, economy, environment of an academic destination.
McGill International Degree Equivalency
For fact sheets containing information on credentials that are required for masters and doctoral admissions, visit: International Degree Equivalency
McGill now works with a third party, AuraData, for degree verification. For more info, visit Third Party Degree Verifications
Engineering in Quebec
If you are an international sturdent or out-of-province student who want to do a Master degree in Engineering at McGill and have questions such as:
- Is my undergraduate education recognized by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)?
- What are the steps to take to be able to practice in the province of Quebec?
- What is the procedure to obtain an engineer's permit in Quebec?
Please consult the OIQ website for answers: The Compass
Degree Equivalency Agencies
For a list of agencies offering degree equivalency services, visit: CICIC - Credential Assessment Services