Find a Graduate Program
Graduate School Programs
Looking for a graduate or certificate program in Canada or abroad? The following sites can help you search for a program in Canada, the U.S., Europe and the World.
Canada & USA
- Career Cruising: Canadian and US study programs. Contact caps [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (CaPS) or login to the Career Databases & Periodicals for username and password.
- Directory of Canadian Universities: Find a study programs in Canada.
- GradSchoolFinder.com: Canadian study programs. Searchable by school type and location.
- Peterson’s Graduate Schools: U.S. study programs. Searchable by discipline and location.
- Graduate Guide: Graduate schools in the US and Canada. Searchable by discipline and location.
- U.S. News University Directory: US graduate study programs. Searchable by discipline and location.
Europe & the World
- Study Portals: Masters, Ph.D., distance learning programs and scholarships in Europe.
- StudyLink: Masters, Ph.D. and Bachelor programs in Europe.
- StudyinEUROPE.eu: Masters, Ph.D. and Bachelor programs in Europe.
- UK - British Council: Courses, institutions and scholarships. Also: UK postgraduate | UK - Prospects
- France - Campus France: Visit the link "Study in France" for study programs.
- Germany - DAAD: Visit the link "Program Index" for a list of programs.
- Australia - Studyinaustralia.gov.au: Visit the link "Courses" for study programs.
- China - Study in China: Universities, international programs and scholarships.
- QS – TopGradSchool: Top universities around the world.
- GradSchools.com: Graduate school directory in the world.
- Links to more programs & online programs: Recommended Websites
Short-Term or Summer Programs & Language Programs
- Verge - Study Abroad: Language study programs and special interest courses.
- StudyPortals: Short courses in Europe. Searchable by discipline.
- Language Learning Portal: language courses and schools.
- IIEPassport.org: Summer or short-term programs. Searchable by subject, language, cost.
- For more summer/short-term programs: Summer/Short-Term Study School Listings
Find out the minimum GPA and test scores required for both law and medical school admissions.
Law School Admissions (LSAT)
- Canadian Law School Admissions Stats (PDF)
- Canadian Law School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- Key Facts about Canadian Common-Law Law Schools
Medical School Admissions (MCAT)
- Canadian Medical School Admissions Stats and Dates (PDF)
- Canadian Medical School Profiles (Oxford Seminars)
- SUS Medical Direction McGill - Medical school listings and their admission information.
- Admission Requirements of Canadian Faculties of Medicine (AFMC)
- MSAR (Buy Online) - Medical school/program profiles and their admission data.
Graduate School Rankings
The following ranking sites help you compare and choose a graduate school.
- Canada - GlobeCampus: Globe and Mail's tool for searching, comparing and ranking schools.
- Canada - Maclean's University Rankings: Ranking of Canadian universities.
- Canada - University profiles to help you choose: Snapshots of 60+ campuses across the country, with details ranging from student satisfaction to campus atmosphere.
- USA - PhDs.org: Ranking of 1,600 US universities using data from the National Research Council.
- USA - U.S. News Grad School Rankings: Ranking of US graduate schools by subject areas.
- World - QS World University Rankings: Rankings of university around the world.
- World – Times Higher Education World University Rankings: Ranking of the world’s top universities.
- World - U.S. News: Best Global Universities: Ranking of top universities in Asia and Latin America.
- World - Academic Ranking of World Universities: Ranking of research universities.
MBA & Business Schools
Studying at another university is an opportunity which can enrich your undergraduate education and provide you with a chance for personal growth.
To attend a study abroad information session, or learn more about independent study, McGill exchange programs or online courses, visit: McGill Arts OASIS - Study Abroad
To learn more about the exchange process, visit: International Education - Exchange
If you have questions concerning transfer credit, please consult: Transfer Credit Policy
Canadian Students Planning to Study Abroad
Canadian students who plan to study abroad or participate in education exchange programs and need to know the value of the credentials obtained abroad should consult these websites: Study internationally | Learn about recognition of your academic credentials
- Academic Destinations (The Chronicle)
Explore the benefits, culture, economy, environment of an academic destination.
McGill International Degree Equivalency
For fact sheets containing information on credentials that are required for masters and doctoral admissions, visit: International credentials and grade equivalencies
McGill now works with a third party, AuraData, for degree verification. For more info, visit Third Party Degree Verifications
Engineering in Quebec
If you are an international student or out-of-province student who wants to do a Master degree in Engineering at McGill and have questions such as:
- Is my undergraduate education recognized by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)?
- What are the steps to take to be able to practice in the province of Quebec?
- What is the procedure to obtain an engineer's permit in Quebec?
Please consult the OIQ website for answers: The Compass
Degree Equivalency Agencies
For a list of agencies (by province) offering degree equivalency services, visit: CICIC - Learn about qualifications recognition