Requirements for Medical School Admissions
- Basic science prerequisites
Basic prerequisites for applicants to McGill's medical programs.
- Non-traditional pathway applicants who are residents of Québec
For Quebec residents who have a Bachelor's degree and have been out of school for 3+ years.
Preparing for your medical school interview is essential to your potential success. Below is a list of handouts and resources to help you best prepare yourself for the interview.
Medical Interview Guides and Programs
For more information on how to prepare med school interview, visit Medical Direction (MD), a service of the Science Undergraduate Society (SUS) serving as the official pre-medical society of McGill University. Below is a list of useful information published by the MD:
- Medical Direction Guidebook - A guidebook providing students information about applying to medical school.
- Red Books - Requirements for programs including medicine and dentistry, and GPA conversion.
- MedCoach - Low cost MMI couching sessions.
- World Directory of Medical Schools - Search for a list of schools by country.
Medical Interview and Residency Books
If you are looking for books to practice medical mini interviews or residency interviews, consult the following resources.
- Medical Interview - Books (Available in the McGill Libraries)
- Residency - Books (Available in the McGill Libraries)
(These reserved books can only be used at CaPS)
- Ace your medical school interview: Includes multiple mini interviews MMI for medical school
- BeMo's ultimate guide to medical school admissions in the US & Canada
- Casper SIM for the mind: 24 high-yield word-based scenarios + answers
- How to ace your medical school interview: 224 sample questions and answers with insight on the interviews and premed process
- How to succeed at the medical interview
- Medical school interview guide: Preparation and practice for medical school admissions
- Multiple mini interview for the mind
- The medical school interview: From preparation to thank you notes: Empowering advice to help you succeed
- The medical school interview: Winning strategies from admissions faculty
- The medical School interview: Secrets and a system for success (2nd ed.)
- The smartypants' guide to the medical school admissions interview
- From medical school to residency: How to compete successfully in the residency match program
- Doing right: A practical huide to ethics for medical trainees and physicians (3rd ed.)
- Iserson's getting into a residency: A guide for medical students (8th ed.)
- The successful match: 200 rules to succeed in the residency match