Quick Links

Financing Your Studies

There are many ways to finance your studies, including both internal and external funding sources.

An external scholarship is an umbrella term for any source of funding for students (e.g. award, grant, fellowship) that comes from an organization or association outside of McGill. The funding that is offered can be for study and research at McGill, or for international work placements, unpaid internships, cultural achievements, study & research abroad, etc.

Click here to access the CaPS External Scholarships Database

Workshops, Books & E-Books

  • McGill SKILLSETS offers information on how to obtain a CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC scholarship: Canada Graduate Scholarships.  SKILLSETS also offers a list of workshops (usually in September) on how to apply for the Tri-Council Award: Workshops
  • McGill Research and International Relations offers information session (usually in August and September) on grants and funding (NSERC, FRQNT, FRQSC, SSHRC): Workshops
  • Grant writing and money management: E-Books & Books (Available in the McGill Library)
  • Grant writing and money management: Books (Available at CaPS)

For any question concerning the topics listed below, visit the Scholarships and Student Aid Office.

  • Government assistance programs
  • Student loans and bursaries
  • Work-Study program
  • Entrance and in-course scholarships and awards
  • Activity and athletic awards
  • Money management and financial emergencies

Please note that CaPS and McGill do not endorse any particular websites/services; the listing is for your information only.

Follow us on: