To view/update your permanent and mailing addresses and phone numbers:
- Log into Minerva
- Select the Personal Menu
- Click Addresses and Phones
- Select either "Mailing" or "Permanent" from the Type of Address to Insert drop down menu (note: neither an “Alternate Student Billing” nor a “Business/Organization” address constitutes an active address, and hence will not be considered valid).
- The “Until This Date” field is not mandatory; if you are unsure of the end date for your address, please leave this field empty.
- Make sure to click "Submit" when entering changes or selecting a "Type of Address to Insert"
- Per Quebec tax regulations, you must have a valid and active mailing address on record in order for you to have access to your Revenu Québec and Revenue Canada tax slips. It is extremely important for you to complete this information in Minerva as soon as possible.
Emergency Contact Info: It’s important for McGill to have contact info for you in the case of an emergency so please be sure to complete the Emergency Contact section found under the Personal Menu in Minerva.
At McGill, a student is registered under their legal name as it appears on their legal document such as a birth certificate or study permit that have been provided to the University. This name will be used on documents such as an official transcript and diploma.
Fixing accents or punctuation
Minor changes to your name can be done by clicking Name Change in Minerva under the Personal Menu.
Your preferred first name
For information about your preferred first name please click here.
Correcting/changing your legal name
In order to correct or change the legal name on your student record, you must: