- Application opens March 2024
- Deadline to apply June 2024, a more precise date will be available in Spring 2024
How to Apply
To indicate your interest in residence accommodation, simply check off "yes" in response to the question regarding residence accommodation on the admission application form.
Pay your $500 residence deposit along with a $30 residence application fee by the deadline to reserve your space in residence.
If you think you have requested residence but have not received acceptance or if you did not indicate that you wish to be considered for a space in Residences on the General Application Forms, please contact residences.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca (our office).
McGill is pleased to guarantee residence accommodation to;
- all newly admitted undergraduate students who are 22 years of age and under (September 1), and
- starting their first year of university studies, and
- admitted to McGill University and have accepted that offer of admission prior to the residence confirmation deadline
Students MUST have already confirmed their room reservation and have payed their residence deposit in order to confirm their space in residence.
First-year undergraduate students receiving renewable entrance scholarships are further guaranteed that they will be assigned a single room in Laird Hall. Please note it is the student's responsibility to let us know about the scholarship.
Application for residences are accepted and accommodation is assigned based on the understanding that students are making a commitment for the full academic year. Upon acceptance into residences, students are committing to a lease under Québec law. Students who withdraw from McGill University Residences for either academic or non-academic reasons will be held financially responsible. See Cancellation Policies.
Step by Step Residence Application Process
- Log in to Minerva -> Applicant tab -> Student Housing Status
- Read and accept the room reservation agreement
- Tell us where you want to live: Rank each choice with a numeric value to indicate your preference for residence halls and type of accommodation.
- Tell us a little about yourself by answering the survey questions. Your answers us match you with a roommate if you are assigned to a double room and play an important role in helping us build community and plan programming.
- Proceed to the deposit payment page and enter your payment (credit card only).
- Payment confirmation page will appear. Keep a copy for your records.
Still have questions contact us at:
Macdonald Campus Housing Office
Laird Hall, room 107
residences.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca (Email)