Inform students of the following prior to cancelling an award:
- When a disbursed award has been cancelled, the student is charged the amount in their McGill Student Fee Account.
- Please be sure to remind the student that they will need to pay the amount on their e-Bill before the due date in order to avoid penalty charges.
- The student must make the payment via internet banking, the same way that tuition and fees are paid.
- Notify the student to go into Minerva, and verify their Account Summary by Term because any and all changes made are dynamic and will show their immediately.
- Remind the student to request an amended T4A (if the payment cancellation falls within the previous tax year).
To cancel (and/or reduce) award payments, complete and submit a Cancel/Reduce Payments form.