- Statement from the Healthy Brains, Healthy Lives (HBHL) initiative
- Uprooting Whiteness (Supremacy & Domination), maintained by Willam R. Frey
- Decolonising Science Reading List, maintained by Chanda Prescod-Weinstein
- Senior Equity and Inclusion Advisor
- Office for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education
- Student Wellness Hub
- Office for Students with Disabilities
- Ombudsperson for Students
- University's "Policy on Harassment and Discrimination Prohibited by Law"
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation
- Organizations Canadians can support: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/black-organizations-anti-racist-grou...
Petitions and Donations
- The Bail Project, a national jail fund that fights racial and economic inequalities in the jail system
- Black Visions Collective, a social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis–St. Paul
- North Star Health Collective provides health care and other resources to activists and organizers on the ground
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the country’s first human and civil rights law firm
- ACLU Nationwide provides a broad range of legal services for civil rights issues
- Color of Change, the nation’s largest online racial justice organization.
- Campaign Zero, an organization outlining guides and resources about civil and human rights legislation
- Petitions (might ask your name, email, ZIP, phone or a comment):
- More resources can be found here (includes sample email and template on contacting authorities): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xa9Av-NfuFsWBHlsMvPiqJHdNedZgnCRW56q...
- Social psych articles about understanding racism: https://twitter.com/JinXunGoh/status/1267596925395755009
- On protesting safely: https://twitter.com/dglaucomflecken/status/1266895164481482752?s=21&fbcl...
Resources to Read
- ‘What white privilege?’ ‘Why can’t you be more civil?’ Some FAQs about racism and answers you may find challenging, a short Q&A
- Nothing to add: A Challenge to White Silence in Racial Discussions, a journal article by Robin DiAngelo in Understanding & Dismantling Privilege
- Culturally Responsive Leadership, from Twitter to educators
- White Fragility, a journal article by Robin DiAngelo
- "The White Space", a journal article by Elijah Anderson
- The Skin We're In: A Year of Black Resistance and Power - Desmond Cole
- Me and White Supremacy – Layla F. Saad
- Women, Race, & Class – Angela Y. Davis
- So You Want to Talk About Race – Ijeoma Oluo
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander
- How to be an antiracist – Ibram X. Kendi
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness - Austin Channing Brown
- The Great Unlearn – Rachel Cargle
- Healing in the Face of Cultural Trauma (self-care tool kit): https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/newshour/app/uploads/2016/07/07-20...
Films to Watch
- When They See Us
- I Am Not Your Negro
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Cry Freedom
- Mississippi Burning
- Dear White People
- Code Switch – NPR
- 1619 – The New York Times
- Pod Save the People – Crooked Media