As a current trainee who is continuing your training at McGill into a new academic year (from July 1), you must complete the following annual registration steps:
- All residents and fellows must register annually for their training during a given academic year (academic year starts on July 1 and ends on June 30).
- A registered trainee is considered a full-time student and entitles you to obtain a regular university identification card.
- You must register in order to work as of July 1st and to appear on One45 (online evaluation and scheduling system). If you do not register by the June 27 deadline, you will be charged a late registration fee of $125. For more information regarding student fees, please go to the Student Accounts website.
Academic Year 2022-2023
Residents and Fellows must register for the 2022-2023 academic year between May 16 and June 27, 2022.
Steps to register:
- Make sure you have access to your Trainee Portal and Minerva as you will need both for a complete registration.
- Follow the registration steps as outlined in our Registration Guide.
- For Foreign Nationals, have a valid work permit. (Please check the expiry date on your work permit. If it expires in the next 3 months, you are required to obtain a new work permit. If you have not submitted the required documents, please send an email at pgcoordinator.med [at] mcgill.ca.
Please check the FAQs if you encounter issues during your registration process.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact the Residency Coordinator responsible for your program.
- Residents and Fellows must apply for a CMQ training card for each year of training at McGill University.
- The Collège des médecins (CMQ) sends instructions to trainees by email by mid-April.
- The training card application deadline is May 15th.
- The application is done online via the CMQ website.
- An up-to-date Immunization Record is required of all McGill Residents and Fellows annually to be in good standing, to commence work and be paid.
- Please send your completed immunization form to your base hospital.
- To find out where you are based, please go to the Trainee Portal site to view your Virtual Training Card.