Applicants to the Ph.D. in Nursing program will provide or upload:
- References: two references are required from professors or employers who are familiar with your academic or research work and can comment on your aptitudes for research and doctoral-level studies. You must list a valid institutional or corporate email for your referees - public domain addresses such as Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo will not be accepted by the school.
- Written Work: include a sample of written scholarly work
- Personal Statement: 3-4 single-spaced pages addressing the following:
- Why are you pursuing doctoral studies in nursing science?
- Why did you specifically select a PhD in nursing at McGill?
- Your qualifications and readiness for doctoral studies
- Your long-term career goals, and how the PhD program will contribute to meeting them?
- Briefly describe the area of interest in nursing that you would like to focus on for your research topic
- List potential thesis supervisor(s) for your research interest. Although you do not have to identify a specific supervisor prior to your admission, you may contact potential supervisors before you apply, to explore their interest in supervising your doctoral studies. Click here for a list of doctoral supervisors and their research areas.
Canadian Applicants: March 1st
International applicants: January 1st