Independent Study-Away

Independent Study Away allows you to study at an international university, outside McGill’s exchange program, and transfer credits earned to McGill. You can study away during the summer or an academic term.

In order to participate, you will need to apply as a visiting student and pay tuition directly to the host institution.

Each faculty and school has its own policies and procedures regarding independent study-away. You must contact your student affairs office to see if this option is available to you.