Are you a staff member looking to set up a travel registry?

Mandatory Minerva Travel Registry


University-related TRAVEL continues to be SUSPENDED until further notice. 

Every student participating in a university-related travel activity must register their trip.
The Travel Registry form, including the mandatory Student Acknowledgement and Consent Form, must be completed and submitted before your travel date.


McGill's Travel Registry allows us to track where and when you travel so that we can offer you emergency assistance if a crisis occurs. Follow the steps below to ensure your travel registry is up-to-date before your depart.

Step 1: Book a Meeting with Your Program Administrator

If you are travelling independently of a McGill course, the first step is always to book a meeting with your Program Administrator. They must approve your university-related travel before a travel registry can be created for you. If you are travelling as part of a McGill course where travel is required, you can proceed to Step 2.

To find your Program Administrator:

  • For undergraduate students, visit your Student Affairs Office
  • For graduate students, speak with your department administrator

Step 2: Receive an Email Prompt to Complete Your Form

Once your university-related travel activity has been approved, your faculty or program administrator will create a travel registry for you. You will then receive an email invitation to complete your Travel Registry form. Please wait until you receive this email prompt to access your form.

Step 3: Access Your Travel Registry Form on Minerva

  1. Ensure you are using Google Chrome, as the Travel Registry does not work well in other browsers
  2. Log onto Minerva using your account details
  3. Go to the Student menu
  4. Go to the Student Records menu
  5. Click on "Travel Registry"

Step 4: Complete the Information

Once you have accessed your form, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • your itinerary;
  • your passport number, date and place of issue and expiry date;
  • supplemental medical insurance information, emergency contact information at home;
  • contact information of the program administrator or academic supervisor; and
  • in-country contact information (host section).





For technical questions regarding completing the travel registry form, please contact studentrecords [at]
For general questions about your travel, please contact mcgillabroad [at]

Back to top