Global Affairs Canada offers a number of scholarship opportunities available to support students who choose McGill as their study or research destination. The information provided below is intended for undergraduate students and international liaison officers and managers.
Graduate students who wish to apply to these programs to do research at McGill should click here for more information or email graduatefunding.gps [at] mcgill.ca.
- Undergraduate students who are nominated for exchange to McGill University by their Home institution. For a list of eligible partner universities, please visit our "Explore McGill exchange partners" page.
- SEED: (Canada-ASEAN) deadline for the submission of the application and supporting documents for undergraduate students is February 19th, 2021.(CLOSED for 2021/2022)
- SEP: (Canada CARICOM, ELAP, Study in Canada) deadline for the submission of the application and supporting documents for undergraduate students is March 12th, 2021. (CLOSED for 2021/2022)
Candidates interested in these scholarship programs should follow these steps:
- Only undergraduate students who are nominated for exchange to McGill University by their Home institution are eligible to apply. Contact your Home institution first to discuss the exchange application process at your Home institution.
- Candidates must carefully read the scholarship program guidelines and have all their supporting documents on hand, before beginning their scholarship application.
- Candidates must submit their complete application with supporting documents to McGill by the deadline. McGill will then apply on behalf of the candidate(s) to Global Affairs Canada. Note: incomplete applications will not be submitted. Please be sure to have all of the supporting documents on hand.
- McGill will communicate the outcome to students via email.
|Global Affairs Canada Link|
|Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) - for students||
Candidates must be citizens of an ASEAN member states: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
|Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships Program||
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible CARICOM countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
|Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program||
Citizens of the following regions are eligible:
|Study in Canada Scholarships||
Citizens of the following countries are eligible:(this list may change so verify on the EduCanada-Study in Canada Scholarships webpage)
Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine.
Email mcgillabroad [at] mcgill.ca for any questions.