For Indigenous Students
Living and Working in Montreal
- Finding Services in Montreal
- Indigenous Staff & Faculty at McGill
- Sharing Experiences
- Indigenous Research
- Indigenous and Montreal Organizations
Finding Services in Montreal
The Montreal Indigenous Community Network has created a reference guide to help Indigenous People who have recently arrived in Montreal to find services and programs.
Find a list of Indigenous organizations in Montreal here.
Indigenous Faculty and Staff at McGill
See Faculty and Staff to find information about Indigenous staff and faculty members at McGill.
Read about some of the experiences of Indigenous scholars:
- Henry, F. (2012). Indigenous Faculty at Canadian Universities: Their Stories. Canadian Ethnic Studies 44(1), 101-132. doi:10.1353/ces.2012.0005.
- Indigenous Scholar Blog by Dr. Zoe Todd: Urbane Adventurer: Amiskwacî - thoughts of an urban Métis scholar (and sometimes a Mouthy Michif, PhD)
- Article: "Tending tenderness and disrupting the myth of academic rock stars", by Dr. Zoe Todd
Indigenous and Montreal Organizations
- Assembly of First Nations
- Congress of Aboriginal Peoples
- Government of Nunavut
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Indspire (formerly known as National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation)
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Metis National Council
- National Inuit Youth Council
- Native Women's Association of Canada
- Nunatsiavut Government
- Pauktuutit (Inuit Women's Organization)
- For a list of organizations in Canada, visit Indigenous Works
Organizations in Quebec
- Montreal Indigenous Community Network
- Native Friendship Centre of Montreal
- Native Montreal
- Quebec Native Women
- For a map of organizations in Montreal, visit the 211 Montreal page for Indigenous Peoples, here
- Visit the School of Social Work's Indigenous Resources Page for an extensive list of regional organizations, here.
Visit our Partnerships Page for information for communities and organizations interested in partnering with McGill.
Visit the School of Social Work's Indigenous Resources Page.