In the context of MUNACA’s unionization drive, the Tribunal administratif du travail (TAT) recently administered a vote to M2 and M3 employees according to the following definition:
All employees whose function requires a university degree (professionals) with the exception of:
- employees with an academic function,
- employees holding a position in Human Resources or Academic Personnel services (centralized or decentralized),
- assistants to Deans,
- academic affairs officers,
- employees occupying a position in the offices of the Principal, Vice-Principals, Associate Vice-Principals, Legal Services or the University Secretariat,
- as well as employees already included in another bargaining unit,
- and employees with supervisory responsibilities (employer representatives).
Those employees were asked to vote on whether they wished to unionize. On Friday, October 25, 2019, the votes were counted by the TAT, and a majority of those employees voted against unionization. The outcome of the vote therefore does not affect working conditions for M2s, M3s or any other employee group.
As always, should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to speak to your supervisor or to your local HR representative. You are also invited to contact Human Resources through faq.hr [at] mcgill.ca. Employee feedback is important to us.