Temporary Alternative Work Arrangements (TAWA), which are intended to offer flexibility to meet departmental and employee needs, may be granted to:
- Research Assistants or Research Associates
- Unionized administrative and support staff (MUNACA or PSAC)
- Management and staff excluded from the MUNACA
- These arrangements are temporary in nature. They can be renewed by April 30 each year. The reference period for Temporary Alternative Work Arrangements is of twelve (12) months' duration, May 1 to April 30.
- On an annual basis, the Dean, Director, or senior administrative head should review existing agreements, which may be subject to renewal, together with any new requests for Temporary Alternative Work Arrangements.
- Once discussed and agreed at the faculty or departmental level, the HR Advisor/Direct Services Representative should forward the request no later than April 1 to ensure timely review prior to May 1.
- Any modification or extension to an agreement of a Temporary Alternative Work Arrangements must be reviewed by the Dean, Director, or senior administrative head, and a new agreement completed and signed.
Requests should be sent directly to: adminapprovals.hr [at] mcgill.ca.
To find request forms, please scroll down to benefits on the forms page.