Applications for the FMT program can be submitted using McGill University's online APPLICATION FORM.
Please read the Entrance Requirements found on the Program Information page.
Canadian applicants: March 1, 2019.
There are two methods of applying to the FMT program. Students can apply through SRAM, whose deadline is March 1 for Quebec students. Students may also apply directly to FMT through the McGill website (recommended, see link above) by applying by March 1st for Canadian students. If spaces remain in the program after selections are completed, more Canadian applications may be considered after that date.
Keep in mind that after you apply, we must receive all of your supporting documents before we can reach a decision on your application. All communication from our office will be by email, to the account you list in your application. Don't forget to check your emails regularly!
In order to have enough time to obtain the necessary travel documents, the application deadline for students with an education completed outside of Canada is January 15.
Need help applying?
See the Step-by-Step Guide to Applying to McGill What you will need:
- Quebec Permanent Code (if you have studied at any level in Quebec)
- A credit card is required to complete the online application submission. Visa, Mastercard or American Express are accepted. International students must also use a credit card to submit their application, money transfers are not accepted.
- Transcripts from your high school and any post-secondary studies taken (complete record from Secondary IV (grade 10) to present) Upload these in Minerva after submitting the application
If you find you are missing information, you may stop at any time and return to your application by re-entering your Login ID and PIN.
Useful tips for your application:
- You will have to create an ID and a PIN for yourself. Follow the instructions. Write it down in case you need to return to finish the application
- Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
- Application Type - For the Farm Management and Technology (FMT) program, select “Undergraduate / Professional”
- Term selection - FMT only accepts applications for the Fall semester
- Program Selection - Select the "Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences", Select the "Diploma in Farm Management and Technology" as Program
- The email address you provide us is very important because we use it to contact you upon receipt of your application ***We only contact students by email, we do not call or send them letters***
- Test taken - no specific tests are required to be taken for the FMT program
- If you make a mistake, the system will tell you after you hit “continue”. You will not be allowed to move to the next page until you correct the mistake.
Incorrect information on your application?
If you realize that there is a mistake on your application after you’ve submitted it, contact Service Point.
If you need more help with your application, please contact the FMT Liaison Officer at 514-398-7818 or fmt.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca (by email.)